PDA

View Full Version : Not a good week at all!

suncat05
02-20-2014, 07:29 AM
Well, first thing is my wife is going to the Philippines today because her Mom has had two strokes, and another possible set-back last weekend. She wants to see her Mom, and I agree. I cannot get away from work right now, but I am also preparing to have to follow should there be any more bad news.
Just found out when the Judge came in that his Judicial Assistant lost her sister in an automobile accident in Georgia last night while she was on her way to visit her daughter in North Carolina.
Then I find out from the Judge that one of our teachers at the high school found out that he has cancer. This guy is a genuinely good guy that all the kids love to death. He is currently involved with setting up the vocational training center for our new inland port that will be opening next year. He and I hit it off right away; he was born and raised near Richmond, KY., attended UK, but received his B.A. from Ohio State, and attained his Doctorate from WKY. Big Kentucky Wildcat fan though. He's heading up to Shands Hospital in Gainesville tomorrow.

I guess the old saying is true: when it rains, it pours!

suncat05
02-20-2014, 11:01 AM
My bride just came by the Courthouse to see me before she flies later this afternoon. And to remind me to renew my expired passport. Geez!

blueboss
02-20-2014, 03:25 PM
The good news is they say they come in threes, so maybe you won't need that passport just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan_bgblue
02-20-2014, 06:57 PM
suncat that is a lot of stuff to have dumped on one human in such a short period of time. Prayers to your wife, her mother, and to you. Take care friend, and I hope the trip to the other side of world will not be necessary.

suncat05
02-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Thanks, dan. It's just all part of that crazy thing we call life. At least that's what I keep telling myself. And it will all improve and/or pass, as most things in this life do.

suncat05
02-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Just found out something about the auto accident in Georgia. And this makes me even more sad because there are many other lives involved.
She was killed when she was rear-ended by a Georgia State Trooper who was looking at his laptop computer as he was driving down the highway. Guess what her job was? She was a police dispatcher with the Titusville Police Department, and the last time I spoke with her she was contemplating retiring soon.
The irony in all of this is very unsettling. And I am going to be lighting candles at Mass on Sunday for all involved.

blueboss
02-21-2014, 12:54 PM
That's horrible, God bless you and your family...

MickintheHam
02-22-2014, 09:28 AM
And I am going to be lighting candles at Mass on Sunday for all involved.

Sometimes that's all you can do. Prayers for all those affected. Best wishes to your wife. that's a long journey to make.

suncat05
02-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Yes, it is Mick. Approximately 24 hours........ONE WAY.......and she had an 11 hour layover in San Francisco, so her total trip time was over 39 hours.

On the bright side though, once she arrived in the Philippines and made it to Olongapo City she texted me on Viber and sent me a couple pics of her Mother and her together. That made me feel a lot better, and her Mom actually looks better too.