PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine

PedroDaGr8
02-18-2014, 06:28 PM
The sh-- just hit the fan. Over twenty dead at this time, police lobbing Moltov Cocktails on protestors, using live ammunition, snipers shooting protestors etc.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/02/18/watch-live-video-feed-shows-the-ongoing-crackdown-in-ukraine/

Going to leave this here to show the severity of what is going on:

PedroDaGr8
02-18-2014, 07:35 PM
And a tweet that was sums things up well:

Evgen Vorobiov ‏@vorobyov 42m

Just a Ukrainian student TT "@Mira_mp: I held a dying guy in my hands: his head and belly were shot through. I will never forget this night"

Catonahottinroof
02-18-2014, 08:24 PM
I adopted my kids there 14 years ago. Stood in the very places where the rioting is going on. It makes me ill thinking about what is happening there.

Darrell KSR
02-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Horrible.

via mobile app

KeithKSR
02-19-2014, 03:41 PM
The same things can happen here.

Catonahottinroof
02-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Seeing tha Yanukovich built this over the last 4 years, its no wonder the people revolted against him.

http://rt.com/news/yanukovich-private-residence-public-294/

bigsky
03-02-2014, 04:56 PM
The president has announced that Russian troops are massing on the banks of the river. What river? Crimea River

In a related note, he has instituted stern sanctions, banning White Russians and chicken Kiev from the White House until further notice.

CitizenBBN
03-02-2014, 07:20 PM
lol Bigsky.

I haven't commented on this b/c it makes me too sick.

Ronald Reagan broke the back of the Soviet Union. Obama's pathetic "everyone evil in the world is only that way b/c America is so Imperialistic and if we're just nice and passive they'll all be good and loving" philosophy is going to see it reconstructed.

It's tough to outdo Carter in foreign policy in both naivety and impotence, but he has. He's behind LBJ as the worst foreign policy president ever only b/c he has yet to embroil us in a meaningless war that killed 50,000. But in every other way he's the worst foreign policy president in US history and it's becoming less and less close.

Catonahottinroof
03-02-2014, 07:38 PM
This was a campaign topic in 2008 for McCain/Palin and a debate topic between Romney and Obama in 2012.
Obama smirked that the Cold War is over.....is it really?

And the US has little stable ground to stand on as we've meddled on Russia's southern door step for some time now.

bigsky
03-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Yeah we look weak and weaker. But we don't don't have a card to play; it's their table.

CitizenBBN
03-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Yeah we look weak and weaker. But we don't don't have a card to play; it's their table.

We have some but we won't play them. Russia how has ties to the G7 and other groups, and Ukraine has standing as a UN member state. There's enough economic leverage to bring down Putin's government but it would take balls, which we don't have.

We needed to have been moving for years, but obama has done nothing to advance the hegemony that Bush began in the former USSR. On the contrary he's retreated. The US under Bush established bases in Uzbekistan and other former Soviets which make it very hard to re-invade them. Obama has us pulling out everywhere he can.

suncat05
03-03-2014, 07:41 AM
JMHO, but I honestly believe that he, Mrs. Clinton, and Kerry are setting us up for another 9-11 style attack, only bigger and far more damaging than before.
And remember, it was Bill Clinton's malfeasance in foreign policy and his erosion of the US. military and his failure to kill or capture Osama bin Laden that led to the attacks on 9-11.
History repeats itself in very strange ways. We get what we deserve for electing this guy into the White House. And when it comes time to pay that bill, it's gonna hurt..........a lot.