PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup

jazyd
09-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Fri morning it was a split 2-2 in the matches, and so far this afternoon same way but just really got started. Glad to see Phil and Bradley win along with rookie Dufner and Zack Johnson.

Lfbj00
09-29-2012, 01:28 AM
5-3 USA after Friday's afternoon session. Interestingly, Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker lost both of their foursome matches, and will not tee it up for Saturday morning's matches. 1st time Tiger has sat out a Ryder Cup match. Davis Love says that Tiger and Steve need the rest and will be needed for Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I just wonder if they would have "needed the rest" if they'd have won both matches on Friday?

Bakert
09-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Ryder Cup is one of my all to e favorite sporting events but NBC's ineptitude is ruining it. In the alternate shot matches there are effectively 8 folders. You would thing you would see every shot, but all you see are putts. There is no attempt to cover each match in an equal fashion nor is there any context for what is being shown. In this day of the overuse of graphics they have gone too far the other way only showing the names of the players on the team making a shot rather than showing all players in a particular match. The on,y way it could be worse wold be if Jim Nantz showed up.

jazyd
09-29-2012, 01:30 PM
agree Bakert. I love the Ryder Cup, have on my American Flag golf shirt at work today. One of my bucket lists is to attend a Cup some day. Phil and Bradley destroyed them this morning, got to see the first ten holes, well I saw some of the putts on the ten holes as you said that is about it. I dont' care about seeing Monty in the booth, he isn't hitting any shots.

Ryder Cup is one of my all to e favorite sporting events but NBC's ineptitude is ruining it. In the alternate shot matches there are effectively 8 folders. You would thing you would see every shot, but all you see are putts. There is no attempt to cover each match in an equal fashion nor is there any context for what is being shown. In this day of the overuse of graphics they have gone too far the other way only showing the names of the players on the team making a shot rather than showing all players in a particular match. The on,y way it could be worse wold be if Jim Nantz showed up.

KSRBEvans
09-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Galactically huge choke job by the USA so far today. 4 straight losses to go to a 10-10 tie.

KSRBEvans
09-30-2012, 04:32 PM
So far, 3 Americans have lost 17 & 18 to lose their matches. The most recent being Furyk. smh

Europe only 1 point away now. Can't believe this collapse.

TonyRay
09-30-2012, 05:22 PM

KSRBEvans
09-30-2012, 05:28 PM
http://www.safety247.com/images/adult%20choking-color.JPG

blue2ksr
09-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Fire Joker!

;)

jazyd
10-01-2012, 12:13 AM
It was hard to watch.

Catfan73
10-02-2012, 10:46 AM
USA's only victory in the last 6 matches was the one Tiger didn't play in, in 2008. Hmmmm.

Golf isn't really much of a team sport, but one would think he could do better than his 13-17-3 record in the Ryder Cup.