PDA

View Full Version : EPA's War on Coal

dan_bgblue
02-07-2014, 09:21 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/07/epa-begins-hearings-to-cut-carbon-dioxide-emissions-from-new-coal-plants/

KeithKSR
02-09-2014, 03:14 AM
The activist own the Obama administration.

dan_bgblue
03-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Time to go after the oil refiners and auto industry again (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/03/epa-will-reportedly-announce-new-sulfur-emissions-rule/?intcmp=latestnews)

jazyd
03-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Ask ukblue, he can tell you what bastards this administration are. He is in the business, 100's of mines have closed in eastern Ky

KeithKSR
03-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Obama's war on America continues.

CitizenBBN
03-07-2014, 12:32 PM
He promised to transform America. It's a shame so few were listening to what he wanted to transform it into.

Doc
03-07-2014, 12:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxtwDCbTl0I

CitizenBBN
03-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Doc, they promote coal at the UK games, kentucky Coal coop is a sponsor of course, and at halftime they remind us that coal is keeping the lights on at Rupp and it gets a decent cheer every time.

I'm all for clean fuels. what I'm not for is the billion dollar boondoggles and graft of Obama's clean energy funding and unilateral economic disarmament. Green sources have their place, they aren't ready to replace coal and it should be up to the market to determine how and when we make that transition.

dan_bgblue
10-14-2014, 12:04 PM
NRDC and EPA (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/14/emails-show-cozy-ties-between-epa-environmental-group-over-power-plant-rules/)

TNCat
10-15-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm also for clean fuels but what I'm really for is a comprehensive energy policy that clearly articulates a path from fossil fuels to alternative energy sources without deciding that it has to happen today. We have bright people in this country that can make sound judgments that will allow us to move forward in a "greener" fashion without wrecking our economy in the short term. Government needs to be part of the solution, not a stumbling block.

Doc, they promote coal at the UK games, kentucky Coal coop is a sponsor of course, and at halftime they remind us that coal is keeping the lights on at Rupp and it gets a decent cheer every time.

I'm all for clean fuels. what I'm not for is the billion dollar boondoggles and graft of Obama's clean energy funding and unilateral economic disarmament. Green sources have their place, they aren't ready to replace coal and it should be up to the market to determine how and when we make that transition.

CitizenBBN
10-15-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm also for clean fuels but what I'm really for is a comprehensive energy policy that clearly articulates a path from fossil fuels to alternative energy sources without deciding that it has to happen today. We have bright people in this country that can make sound judgments that will allow us to move forward in a "greener" fashion without wrecking our economy in the short term. Government needs to be part of the solution, not a stumbling block.

Absolutely. NOthing wrong with mapping out the future direction of our energy use. what they want to do is fast forward it by artificially raising the cost of some options so high that other high cost options become viable.

that's instead of what the free market does which is find ways to turn those high cost options into viable lower cost options that are competitive on their own. Finding ways to make solar and wind and such lower cost, more competitive, or where they can be established in niches to start the transition, those are all great ideas. Just don't do it by government fiat with such force it drives us into economic receivership.

it also needs to be weighed against other policy considerations. If we were energy independent, which we can be if we dont' strangle off gas and oil and coal, look what that frees us from in our foreign policy, how that changes the dynamics of power among our allies and enemies, how that undermines the entire global Islamist terror movement.

we don't want to end up like China or eastern europe, deeply polluted in the name of industrialization, but we are at no real risk of that and haven't been for a long time. And rules that ban wood burning stoves for sure aren't going to make a difference either way.

dan_bgblue
10-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Wood burning stoves. Creating cast iron to build them is a polluting industry. Chain saws running to fell the trees and cut to size is terribly polluting, then the wood hauled to the home is polluting. Now when the wood is burned to provide heat and hot water is polluting, and for goodness sake do not forget the poor tree that lost it's life to provide heat for nasty humans that will not invest in geothermal and solar power sources.

KeithKSR
10-15-2014, 07:48 PM
The goal is the dissolution of the middle class, and they are succeeding.

TNCat
10-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Agreed. That is what is abhorible. This country rose to greatness when the middle class was given a chance to rise up. I dare say that most on our board are middle to upper-middle class. Many like me were given a chance thru Pell grants and loans to rise above our parents economic situations. In my case, those Pell grants were a good investment as I have been blessed to pay a nice return on that investment in the form taxes over the years. That is not ego on my part...that was good fiscal policy.

However, I fear for my kids and what opportunities they will have.....