PDA

View Full Version : Reporters career threatened over Benghazi?

DanISSELisdaman
01-21-2014, 05:10 PM
http://personalliberty.com/2014/01/21/did-the-white-house-threaten-a-reporters-career-over-benghazi-greta-van-susteren-says-yes/

KeithKSR
01-21-2014, 08:04 PM
This is SOP for the Obama administration.

suncat05
01-22-2014, 09:55 AM
This means that Jennifer Griffin is much closer to the truth, and exposing the truth, than the Administration wants the public to know. Which means that there is "something rotten in Denmark", as the old saying goes.
And then to have the audacity to approach such a high profile personality like GVS and suggest to her to intercede as a favor to keep another journalist safe? That is either extremely cocky, or suggests a nervousness about something that is very important that somebody does not want exposed to the public at large. Which suggests to me that somebody somewhere wants to diminish our freedoms even further. And it tells me that something to do with information about what really happened in Benghazi, if exposed, can ruin somebody's day...........or life.

I hope the truth does come out. I believe it needs to. And if it does come out, and there is any criminal culpability involved at all connected to the attack on Benghazi and deaths of four Americans, then somebody needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I believe Benghazi will ultimately become somebody's undoing, and I have felt that way since it happened. Somebody is hiding something.

suncat05
01-22-2014, 11:09 AM
An additional thought here too...........if Hillary is involved in any manner, which in this instance she is, then Ms. Griffin needs to be very careful. Does anybody remember the name Vince Foster? That name right there still has lots & lots of unanswered questions attached to it.

Truth be told, how many other dead bodies are there?

KeithKSR
01-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Vince Foster, wasn't he found dead on a park bench?

Doc
01-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Vince Foster, wasn't he found dead on a park bench?

Suicide (wink wink)-- found in a park, gun in his hand with a bullet thru his mouth.

suncat05
01-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Like I said.......lots of unanswered questions with Vince Foster alone, much less adding all the questions out there over what really happened in Benghazi........so many questions that I would never feel safe with her as our CinC. Never.

But hey, here I am, "that guy" that is always asking those pesky little questions........you know, like that one little question that keeps popping up........."What difference does it make?"

It makes all the difference in the world to me. But then, the truth does that for people..........

KeithKSR
01-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Like I said.......lots of unanswered questions with Vince Foster alone, much less adding all the questions out there over what really happened in Benghazi........so many questions that I would never feel safe with her as our CinC. Never.

But hey, here I am, "that guy" that is always asking those pesky little questions........you know, like that one little question that keeps popping up........."What difference does it make?"

It makes all the difference in the world to me. But then, the truth does that for people..........

Maybe the NSA can chime in when they this thread?

DanISSELisdaman
01-22-2014, 10:15 PM
I don't think they could have picked anyone worse than Greta to try to smooth things over. She seems to be a pretty straight shooter as reporters go.

suncat05
01-23-2014, 07:24 AM
I don't think they could have picked anyone worse than Greta to try to smooth things over. She seems to be a pretty straight shooter as reporters go.

I agree with that. GVS is one that I believe it would not be a good idea to cross swords with.
Have any of you who watch Fox noticed that since the evening line-up on Fox was reshuffled that things have gotten a bit more contentious, the stories they air seem to be a bit more direct and to the point, questioning is a lot more direct and unyielding, and the hosts are not as nice as they formerly were?
I like it myself. Overall they're still not as direct as I would like, but the primetime line-up change was a good move, IMHO.
I also like the move with Megan Kelly and GVS. Neither one of those ladies plays around or takes any guff. I like Hannity, and O'Reilly, but O'Reilly is too soft sometimes.
I have tried watching other outlets, but almost all of them just about make me ill with their whining & sniffling on air. There is one other that I actually do like watching other than Fox, and most of you will laugh when I say this, but that new outlet from Al-Jazeera actually does a pretty good job of getting their stories across in a competent manner.
And no, I am not becoming a sympathizer, I understand that even though I do not agree with what they say, I still need to listen to what they have to say. You can't begin to understand them if you don't hear them saying it.

KeithKSR
01-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Megyn Kelly is a hard hitting journalist, no fluff questions from her.

suncat05
01-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Megyn Kelly is a hard hitting journalist, no fluff questions from her.

Agreed. Very direct and to the point. And doesn't tolerate waffling of any sort. I really like her. She actually reminds me of how no-nonsense my Mom was. When she asked a question you had best give the true answer, otherwise there would be hell to pay.

Doc
01-23-2014, 11:32 AM
I agree with that. GVS is one that I believe it would not be a good idea to cross swords with.
Have any of you who watch Fox noticed that since the evening line-up on Fox was reshuffled that things have gotten a bit more contentious, the stories they air seem to be a bit more direct and to the point, questioning is a lot more direct and unyielding, and the hosts are not as nice as they formerly were?
I like it myself. Overall they're still not as direct as I would like, but the primetime line-up change was a good move, IMHO.
I also like the move with Megan Kelly and GVS. Neither one of those ladies plays around or takes any guff. I like Hannity, and O'Reilly, but O'Reilly is too soft sometimes.
I have tried watching other outlets, but almost all of them just about make me ill with their whining & sniffling on air. There is one other that I actually do like watching other than Fox, and most of you will laugh when I say this, but that new outlet from Al-Jazeera actually does a pretty good job of getting their stories across in a competent manner.
And no, I am not becoming a sympathizer, I understand that even though I do not agree with what they say, I still need to listen to what they have to say. You can't begin to understand them if you don't hear them saying it.

I've always like GVS. She is typically pretty fair. I'm not a fan of Megan Kelly at all though. She comes off as unbelievable to me with too much faux outrage over stupid stuff.

As for O'Reilly, its too much about O'Reilly. How often does he tell us how simple he is, or how funny he is, or how charitable he is, or how "fill in the blank" he is? However many of his guests are folks I can't miss. I love Dennis Miller on Wed. Also love Jesse Watters and Charles Krauthammer.

As for Hannity, like Megan Kelly, I find occasionally find his targets misplaced.