PDA

View Full Version : King Obama I "I"ve got a pen"

CitizenBBN
01-20-2014, 09:25 PM
"I've got a pen and I've got a phone -- and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions that move the ball forward," Obama said. He suggested he could use his phone to try and bring people together.

"Well let me tell you, he may have a pen and telephone, but we have the Constitution," Rice countered.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/20/ive-got-pen-obama-raises-hackles-with-executive-action-push/

I'm all for restricting the NSA but as a Congressional Democrat pointed out, we can't rely on executive orders to do the job. It needs to be codified in law what they can't do b/c that pen is just as easy to wave again if it's just an executive order. Heck he can issue one in secret to reverse that one and we'd never know.

KeithKSR
01-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Herr Obama has been tweeting pics of the pen trying to strike fear in Congress. I don't think it is working.

CitizenBBN
01-28-2014, 06:32 PM
Herr Obama has been tweeting pics of the pen trying to strike fear in Congress. I don't think it is working.

Hope he keeps going. Nothing will breath new life into the Tea Party more than him acting like King George, even threatening to do so.

Doc
01-28-2014, 10:56 PM

Nor is it presidential, nor is it leadership.

KeithKSR
01-29-2014, 01:51 AM
Nor is it presidential, nor is it leadership.

So your saying it is the status quo of the last five years....

suncat05
01-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Oh, I thoroughly agree, but let's face the facts as they are: because he was re-elected, and because we are most likely going to see Hillary become the POTUS in 2016 because the Dems have the election process rigged in their favor, we most likely are not going to see another Republican POTUS in the remainder of my lifetime. And besides, the GOP will put up another generic milqtoast candidate that couldn't be elected dogcatcher anywhere, much less POTUS, and there is zero chance that any independent or Libertarian or third party candidate has a snowball's chance in a fiery oven of being elected POTUS. Just not going to happen. And Congress, such as it is right now, is full of political cowards who have no will to do anything for the good of the American populace who elected them to correct messes like the one we find ourselves in
now, so what we have is no more than ineffective government that no longer represents its populace. That's exactly what we have.
In the history of our country, didn't a very similiar situation start a war for independence?

KeithKSR
01-29-2014, 12:49 PM
I don't think Hillary is electable. Despite the thinking of the second coming of Bill by the Dems the fact remains he never garnered anywhere near 50% of the vote. Current front runners in either party are unlikely to be the next POTUS. Too much time for campaigns to be buried in the mud.

suncat05
01-29-2014, 01:38 PM
Agreed. But who in their right mind would have ever thought that Obama had a chance of being elected with practically zero political experience? And yet he was. As will be Hillary. The apologetic spin over Benghazi has already begun, and includes rhetoric from left-wing media that outright says that the deaths of an American Ambassador and three others was "their fault". Exactly what that is supposed to mean is beyond all rational thought.
By the time we get through the political process in that election cycle, she will have gotten through the entire process unscathed and still not held accountable for her culpability in their deaths. And then she'll be elected as the next POTUS. Just sit back and watch.
We now live in the "Theater of the Absurd".

KeithKSR
01-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Agreed. But who in their right mind would have ever thought that Obama had a chance of being elected with practically zero political experience? And yet he was.

Who was the front runner at this time 8 years ago? Hillary.

ram
01-29-2014, 03:02 PM
If you had a choice right now BO or HC, which would you take?

Doc
01-29-2014, 03:07 PM
I don't think Hillary is electable.

I don't either however there are all those pesky democrats who do, and they outnumber me

Doc
01-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Agreed. But who in their right mind would have ever thought that Obama had a chance of being elected with practically zero political experience? And yet he was. As will be Hillary. The apologetic spin over Benghazi has already begun, and includes rhetoric from left-wing media that outright says that the deaths of an American Ambassador and three others was "their fault". Exactly what that is supposed to mean is beyond all rational thought.
By the time we get through the political process in that election cycle, she will have gotten through the entire process unscathed and still not held accountable for her culpability in their deaths. And then she'll be elected as the next POTUS. Just sit back and watch.
We now live in the "Theater of the Absurd".

Not a shock to me. What does befuddle me is he was RE-ELECTED.

Doc
01-29-2014, 03:11 PM
If you had a choice right now BO or HC, which would you take?

Hillary. I said that 6 years ago once I actually look into his policies. Keep in mind that I find NOTHING appealing about Hillary yet I would have preferred her to Obama. At least she would have tried be president of ALL the people, not just the democrats.

suncat05
01-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Hillary would be just as bad as, if not worse than Obama. And not even close to WJC, although he was certainly no prize as the POTUS either.
The three of them combined wouldn't make a good pimple on Ronald Reagan's backside. JMHO.