PDA

View Full Version : Danville, KY voted #9 on top ten list of small towns in USA

dan_bgblue
09-25-2012, 12:02 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/slideshow/2012/09/25/top-10-small-towns-2012/?intcmp=features#slide=2

Congrats to Danville!

Do you have a favorite small town?

Mine is Waynesville, NC

KSRBEvans
09-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Went to school at Centre but didn't really appreciate Danville until I went back for homecoming. It really is a beautiful little town.

Met my wife in Murray and always thought it was a nice town, too. Ditto Bardstown.

MickintheHam
09-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Went to school at Centre but didn't really appreciate Danville until I went back for homecoming. It really is a beautiful little town.

Met my wife in Murray and always thought it was a nice town, too. Ditto Bardstown.

Bardstown was named #1 by USA today about a month ago.

Kentucky has many great small towns: Shelbyville, Bardstown, Danville, Murray, Paris, Georgetown and Versailles, just to name a few. Bowling Green should probably make that list as well, but is probably too large for the small town designation.

Jeeepcat
10-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Bardstown was named #1 by USA today about a month ago.

Kentucky has many great small towns: Shelbyville, Bardstown, Danville, Murray, Paris, Georgetown and Versailles, just to name a few. Bowling Green should probably make that list as well, but is probably too large for the small town designation.

And "Most Beautiful Small Town in America" by Best of the Road

They let me come back after all of those folks left town

Catfan73
10-04-2012, 08:05 PM
To me, all of those places are big towns, not small towns. When I think of small towns, I think of places like Perryville and Bloomfield and Millersburg, not Danville and Bardstown and Paris. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

jazyd
10-04-2012, 09:12 PM
I think Murray was a top ten several years ago, Oxford, Ms also, prices for houses shot up.