PDA

View Full Version : France Wants to ban the words "Mother" and "Father" on official documents

dan_bgblue
09-25-2012, 10:52 AM
If this were happening in the USA, how would you react?

I could see using all 3 words; Mother, Father, and Parents depending on the situation, but doing away with Mother and Father just seems like overkill to me. Having a Mother and a Father is important to me personally, and I do not like the idea of having that distinction taken away on official or unofficial documents.

Linkage (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/25/france-set-to-ban-words-mother-and-father-under-plans-to-legalize-gay-marriage/?test=latestnews)

Is this a situation where the rights of the minority are trampling the rights of the majority?

badrose
09-25-2012, 11:43 AM
If this were happening in the USA, how would you react?

I could see using all 3 words; Mother, Father, and Parents depending on the situation, but doing away with Mother and Father just seems like overkill to me. Having a Mother and a Father is important to me personally, and I do not like the idea of having that distinction taken away on official or unofficial documents.

Linkage (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/25/france-set-to-ban-words-mother-and-father-under-plans-to-legalize-gay-marriage/?test=latestnews)

Is this another situation where the rights of the minority are trampling the rights of the majority?

Fixed.

I saw this yesterday and started to post it but there's only so many hours in a day. Like Elvis, Common Sense has left the building.

CitizenBBN
09-25-2012, 03:48 PM
I can assure the French that every single person on every single legal document has a mother and a father. They may not know them, but they have one. The last one who didn't founded a major religion.

TonyRay
09-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Even he had both.

CitizenBBN
09-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Even he had both.

lol, true. It was as close as I could think of for someone for which mother/father didn't work.

I know what they're saying, but if you have gay parents "mother" and "father" don't still work? Nonsense.