PDA

View Full Version : Taxpayers chip in on birthday gift for first lady

dan_bgblue
01-08-2014, 02:51 PM
4 Million in vacation expenses and counting (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/08/taxpayers-chip-in-on-birthday-gift-for-first-lady/?intcmp=latestnews)

Oprah's neighbors not happy with extra security (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/01/08/oprahs-neighbors-inconvenienced-by-michelle-obamas-visit-report-says/?intcmp=features)

CitizenBBN
01-08-2014, 03:17 PM
"HE" gave it to her as a present? That's like using my mom's credit card to buy my wife flowers isn't it? Looks like we're providing the gift, he's just letting her have time off from her busy job of not cooking, cleaning or driving the kids to school.

Love this part:

Winfrey’s magazine describes the home as a “perfect 21st-century farmhouse” in a “remote up-country region, where the houses that dot the moss-covered rock hillside face the ocean.”

Ran this through my universal translator. Came out:

"Large brand new mansion built on private estate community that used to be a pristine hillside wilderness with incredibly expensive views and even more expensive security logistics."

Meanwhile, as his wife stayed with one of the richest women in the world on a private retreat at taxpayer expense, Obama returned to DC to give a speech on income inequality and the need to raise taxes on everyone and everything in every way possible in order to help the poor people who keep him awake at night with worry. He was so upset he had to go spend 2 weeks in Hawaii but now he's going to get back to helping them with the money of the greedy bastards who work hard and think the money they make from that work is actually theirs.

Oprah could solve poverty and homelessness in the entire state of Hawaii by herself in a matter of months. She could afford to write a check to every person living in poverty in Hawaii and not even have to sell that house, put the homeless up in her guest rooms or buy them all their own place.

When Obama convinces his rich friends to give of themselves till it hurts then I'll believe he has an ounce of sincerity and we can look at what more I can do. Hypocritical elitist pigs, every one of them.

Doc
01-08-2014, 07:06 PM
"HE" gave it to her as a present? That's like using my mom's credit card to buy my wife flowers isn't it? Looks like we're providing the gift, he's just letting her have time off from her busy job of not cooking, cleaning or driving the kids to school.

Thats a bit unfair. She does do the shopping at Target--DWS

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2011-09-29-michelleobama550.jpg

KeithKSR
01-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Chip in? That would mean he paid part of the bill, which he didn't.

CitizenBBN
01-08-2014, 10:16 PM
A little more on all the problems her stay there is causing for small businesses and tourists and those poor downtrodden folks she cares so much about:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/01/08/oprahs-neighbors-inconvenienced-by-michelle-obamas-visit-report-says/?intcmp=features

I realize the First Family cannot have a normal vacation event, but it's part of the deal that due to security they have to choose their vacations with great responsibility to the taxpayers. Bush II went to his ranch in Crawford which was big enough to accomodate security without imposing on everyone else. Same with Reagan's ranch, and Camp David is fully at the President's disposal and already set up with needed security and 3CI.

it would be cheaper and more responsible for the First Family to vacation at Camp david and fly in anyone they wanted from friends to celebrity chefs. If you're going to preach about the horrible state of inequality in this country is it too much to ask you only spend $1 million instead of $4 or more (I guarantee it was more) and limit yourself to flying Mario Batale in for dinner versus going to his restaurant? Couldn't we do that for the poor?

Personally I'd be at Camp David using up all that ammo DHS is sitting on, at a range that was updated by the firearms industry with private money I might add. You could shoot mini guns all day long at Camp david and save money over having to stage 200-300 agents in Martha's Vineyard. Heck you're POTUS, you can legally shoot RPGs!