PDA

View Full Version : Capitalism does what EPA and green jobs couldn't...

KeithKSR
01-02-2014, 08:28 PM
... It has lowered C02 emissions, thanks in large part to the natural gas boom that has been going on.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/02/good-news-for-2014-domestic-energy-revolution-is-underway-in-usa/

If we had someone in the Oval Office that wasn't beholden to special interest groups the current gas boom could be turned I at a gas and oil boom like nothing seen in decades in the US. Right now Obama and his administration are the biggest obstacles to a booming American economy.

badrose
01-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Right now Obama and his administration are the biggest obstacles to a booming American economy.

You'd have to convince they actually want one.

KeithKSR
01-04-2014, 08:32 AM

The moves they make are either the result of bumbling or the result of ignorance. Neither is good.

badrose
01-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Let me be clear. I don't think anything he does comes from a sense of benevolence to our country.

Gobigblue5000
01-06-2014, 11:15 AM
http://lousjester.blogspot.com/2014/01/boy-comes-out-of-closet-and-admits-hes.html?m=1

Doc
01-07-2014, 12:18 PM

At one point I would have considered this a satirical or stupid reply. Now I'm not so sure. My thoughts are why would anybody not want a booming economy? It makes sense that a strong economy is good for everybody. However its becoming more and more apparent that is not the case and I have a hard time believing that, however actions are what they are. It seems there are other priorities, priorities that go against a robust economy at work. I don't think its special interest groups so much as a basic political philosophy where the voters become beholden to the government.

Doc
01-07-2014, 12:23 PM
The moves they make are either the result of bumbling or the result of ignorance. Neither is good.

I think they are a result of a redistribution philosophy linked to a dependent philosophy where citizens come to rely on the gov't (for health care, for basic provisions such as food, housing, etc...) such that the ruling class who govern can't be ousted for fear by the masses that the subsidies will cease to exist and the people will be force to earn what they need rather than it be given to them. Most folks prefer something for free and so long as its given to them, even if paid for by somebody else's hard work, they are happy.

I'd like to believe ignorance or bumbling but I fear its not.

KeithKSR
01-07-2014, 06:40 PM
I think they are a result of a redistribution philosophy linked to a dependent philosophy where citizens come to rely on the gov't (for health care, for basic provisions such as food, housing, etc...) such that the ruling class who govern can't be ousted for fear by the masses that the subsidies will cease to exist and the people will be force to earn what they need rather than it be given to them. Most folks prefer something for free and so long as its given to them, even if paid for by somebody else's hard work, they are happy.

I'd like to believe ignorance or bumbling but I fear its not.

People dependent upon the government keep voting for the Dem politicians that will keep giving the handouts. This dependency is what the Dems count on to get votes.

Doc
01-07-2014, 06:43 PM
People dependent upon the government keep voting for the Dem politicians that will keep giving the handouts. This dependency is what the Dems count on to get votes.

exactly... and that is what the gov't wants, thus their policies are not based on ignorance or bumbling but rather what they desire which is the vote of the dependent.