dan_bgblue
08-11-2012, 08:57 AM
;)

badrose
08-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Thoughts on Ryan as VP candidate?

dan_bgblue
08-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Like his fiscal conservativeness, but lots to learn about him in the coming months. Oh yeah, a guy that noodles for Catfish is my kinda guy.:cool:

Doc
08-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Thoughts on Ryan as VP candidate?

Think its a great pick. Bout time somebody actually picked a VP that I'd rather have running the point. Early in the campaign my hopefuls were Rubio, Daniels and Ryan. Rubio realizes its not yet his time and thats fine. Daniels and Ryan never throwing their hats in the ring sucked as it left us with likes of Bachman, Santorum, Perry, Newt, Paul and Romney. None of which I was all that enthusiastic about. Ryan adds a real spark and he is a person with a known plan. He read high on likeability and is a good speaker. I think the pick was an "A" pick

badrose
08-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Think its a great pick. Bout time somebody actually picked a VP that I'd rather have running the point. Early in the campaign my hopefuls were Rubio, Daniels and Ryan. Rubio realizes its not yet his time and thats fine. Daniels and Ryan never throwing their hats in the ring sucked as it left us with likes of Bachman, Santorum, Perry, Newt, Paul and Romney. None of which I was all that enthusiastic about. Ryan adds a real spark and he is a person with a known plan. He read high on likeability and is a good speaker. I think the pick was an "A" pick

Doc, do you think Rubio can help carry Florida? I know MR has a lead there but VA, OH, and a couple others are about 50/50.

Doc
08-12-2012, 05:39 PM
With Rubio on the ticket, yes. Without him I still thinks FL goes GOP

MickintheHam
08-12-2012, 08:02 PM
I have been a Ryan fan for a long time. He's one of the very few Congressmen who I believe is effective. Hote to see him leave Congress, but he is going to a more effective formum in January. He will be the guy to push Romney over the top!

CitizenBBN
08-12-2012, 08:23 PM
I have a lot to learn about him but I'm dancing in the streets Romney picked a "real" guy, someone with ideas and positions and not just a name or someone picked by a marketing firm.

Party affiliation and beliefs aside, I think everyone can agree we need men and women of substance running for offices, whether we agree or disagree with them, versus the endless line of stuffed shirts who now run the country. He's been willing to put forth a plan and not just the vague statements others give to avoid being able to be attacked. that alone is worth a lot.

jazyd
08-12-2012, 09:26 PM
I like the pick, not flashy but a solid guy with actual ideas and is open to negotiate.
I think he actually helps in Florida, huge amount of seniors there that the dems will try to scare with this pick. But Ryan is great at describing what he wants to do, why he wants to do it, and what happens if we don't do anything. As I understand it, his play only affects those under 55 but will help save SS for those on it now because it runs out way too soon. He has the ability to show his plan, how it helps, how it helps the country, what it is going to take to get us back on financial footing, and remember many of hese older seniors fought in WWII and they know what it is like for this country to have to scrap to get by.
Solid pick.

Doc
08-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I swear I believe many nominees pick a VP as an insurance policy. Imagine President Joe Biden! Is there any better life insurance policy? Well I guess President Sarah Palin would be a better policy but only slightly. Look back at some of the dofuses that have been slated as VP? John Edwards? Sarah Palin? Dan Quayle? Al Gore?

TonyRay
08-12-2012, 10:36 PM
CBBN, check out this video of Ryan. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o1yTY2MciOk