PDA

View Full Version : One third of Gitmo prisiners to be released.

badrose
09-23-2012, 08:51 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/09/22/Obama-to-Release-One-Third-of-Gitmo-Inmates

A release or transfer of 55 inmates means Obama is moving out one third of the prisoners at Guantanamo. And while it doesn't represent a shutdown of the facility, it's certainly indicative of a move toward that end.

Could it be that Obama is trying to set himself up to campaign as the man who is taking steps to finally close Gitmo, just as he recently reversed the Afghanistan surge in order to campaign as the man who's winding down the war in the Afghanistan?

Mostly Yemeni.

CitizenBBN
09-23-2012, 02:11 PM
I prefer to think of it as him running as the President who bolstered Al Queda's efforts to kill Americans and take over Middle East nations. I think mine is more accurate.

suncat05
09-23-2012, 06:29 PM
I prefer to think of it as him running as the President who bolstered Al Queda's efforts to kill Americans and take over Middle East nations. I think mine is more accurate.

Obama is truly a terrorist's best friend because he really believes we can all hold hands, sing Kumbaya and get along. Or........... he's one of them, following their precious Koran's teachings of lying to infidels to fool them into a sense of complacency and pacification. But in the end, all Obama is doing is turning loose extremely dangerous people that our troops are going to have to do combat with again, or endangering us here in the U.S. even more because they'll sneak into our country and attack us when it is most advantageous for their purposes.
But then, I expect no less stupidity from anyone in this current administration.

Doc
09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
While the left keeps spouting about a vote for Romney is returning to the failed policies of GWB while aligning itself with the prosperity of Bill Clinton, I say for the last 4 years the US has been returning to the failed policies of Jimmy Carter. The US was prosperious under the Regan, Bush 1, Bill Clinton and most of the time under GWB. Currently the economic situation is more like the early 70's and our foreign policy mirrors it.
There is a reason this is being done now rather than 3 years ago. When these murders are released and go back to their murderous ways, it will be after the election. Now I don't believe for a minute that BHO wants that to happen but he firmly believes in the "Kumbya" approach to foreign policy where if we play nice, they will play nice. If we offer a hand, they will accept it. Unfortunately with radicals, if you offer a hand they will cut it off.

dan_bgblue
09-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Weakness or fear is not something you want to show to a wild animal if you want to survive.

CitizenBBN
09-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Doc, Carter is a good comparison. Very much the "if we play nice they'll play nice" idealism of Carter, which of course doesn't work worth a lick. Wish it would, it would sure make foreign policy a fairly brainless exercise, but it doesn't.

Reality is that there are lots of power hungry people in the world who will seize it every chance they get, and there is also a fair supply of simply evil people in the world as well. Everyone learns at recess there is no way to "nice" your way out of being tormented by the class bully. There is capitulation, avoidance (hiding in fear), and punching them in the nose. Going to be hard for us to hide, and I don't care for capitulation.

Obama is a pure idealist who has never had to live in reality with his ideals. I'd find it humorous if it wasn't damaging the nation.

badrose
09-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Doc, Carter is a good comparison. Very much the "if we play nice they'll play nice" idealism of Carter, which of course doesn't work worth a lick. Wish it would, it would sure make foreign policy a fairly brainless exercise, but it doesn't.

Reality is that there are lots of power hungry people in the world who will seize it every chance they get, and there is also a fair supply of simply evil people in the world as well. Everyone learns at recess there is no way to "nice" your way out of being tormented by the class bully. There is capitulation, avoidance (hiding in fear), and punching them in the nose. Going to be hard for us to hide, and I don't care for capitulation.

Obama is a pure idealist who has never had to live in reality with his ideals. I'd find it humorous if it wasn't damaging the nation.

I think you're giving Carter too much credit. They guy never met a Communist he didn't like... a lot. North Korea, the Sandinistas, SALT II, etc. He thought Communism was the way to go but had to tippy-toe so as not to give himself away.