PDA

View Full Version : This is a serious matter--but have you EVER read such a poorly written news piece?

Darrell KSR
12-12-2013, 12:17 PM
http://www.alnewsfeed.com/vestavia-hills/vestavia-hills-police-probing-probable-suicide-after-body-found-in-liberty-park/

It's very short, and I linked it above, so I will provide the entire excerpt of that portion of their news feed here for posterity.

Vestavia Hills military probing illusive self-murder after physique found in Liberty Park
December 12, 2013 Vestavia Hills No Comments

VESTAVIA HILLS, Alabama – A male died in what appears to be a self-murder early currently in Vestavia Hill’s Liberty Park community.

A unit officer about 4:45 a.m. stopped to examine an deserted automobile on a alley on Liberty Parkway, about a entertain of a mile north of Overton Road, pronounced Lt. Brian Gilham.

While checking on a car, a officer listened a gunshot. Police found a man’s physique about 50 feet off a alley in a wooded area.

“All indications during this are that this was a suicide,” Gilham said.

The review is ongoing. Gilham pronounced a man’s name is being funded tentative presentation of his family.

The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office pronounced he is a 26-year-old from Pike Road, Alabama.

Updated during 10:30 a.m. to embody additional information about a man.

Article source: http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/12/vestavia_hills_police_probing.html

badrose
12-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Reads like a bad interpretation from another language.

Catfan73
12-12-2013, 08:04 PM
I was going to say a very bad close-captioning.

jazyd
12-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Uh...never mind

CitizenBBN
12-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Reads like a bad interpretation from another language.

that's exactly what I thought after the first 2 lines. Reads like those translations we did of Camara's games in Africa that summer.

Surely that's what happened, the reporter is foreign and ran it through google or something. either that or texted it in on the phone with a heinous case of auto correct.

Jeeepcat
12-12-2013, 11:26 PM
that's exactly what I thought after the first 2 lines. Reads like those translations we did of Camara's games in Africa that summer.

Surely that's what happened, the reporter is foreign and ran it through google or something. either that or texted it in on the phone with a heinous case of auto correct.
Yup - a lot of literal interpretations there