PDA

View Full Version : NSA spying on World of Warcraft b/c it is good training for terrorists

CitizenBBN
12-09-2013, 06:05 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/12/09/nsa-spied-on-world-warcraft-other-online-games/?intcmp=latestnews

Wish I was lying.

“[Certain] games offer realistic weapons training (what weapon to use against what target, what ranges can be achieved, even aiming and firing), military operations and tactics, photorealistic land navigation and terrain familiarization, and leadership skills,” the document notes."

So do terrorists have access to magic summoning spells and +4 Swords of A Thousand Truths? It's true some 9/11 terrorists trained using Flight Simulator, but WoW? Is there a benefit to being a terrorist with terrain familiarization with Azeroth?

If they're watching WoW they must be crawling all over Call of Duty, which uses real weapons and tactics. Better check on Hello Kitty too. And we wonder why we can't balance the budget.

dethbylt
12-11-2013, 11:24 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/12/09/nsa-spied-on-world-warcraft-other-online-games/?intcmp=latestnews

Wish I was lying.

“[Certain] games offer realistic weapons training (what weapon to use against what target, what ranges can be achieved, even aiming and firing), military operations and tactics, photorealistic land navigation and terrain familiarization, and leadership skills,” the document notes."

So do terrorists have access to magic summoning spells and +4 Swords of A Thousand Truths? It's true some 9/11 terrorists trained using Flight Simulator, but WoW? Is there a benefit to being a terrorist with terrain familiarization with Azeroth?

If they're watching WoW they must be crawling all over Call of Duty, which uses real weapons and tactics. Better check on Hello Kitty too. And we wonder why we can't balance the budget.

I learned everything I know about plumbing from Super Mario Brothers. Makes sense.

My wife has issues with me learning to train animals by riding dragons in Skyrim. One good Disarm shout and she shuts up though.