PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky v Florida GAME THREAD

Darrell KSR
09-22-2012, 11:09 AM
One can always hope.

Go Cats!

Darrell KSR
09-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Morgan Newton may see playing time today, depending on Maxwell Smith's shoulder.

Darrell KSR
09-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Ton of empty seats in Gainesville.

Darrell KSR
09-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Also, will be live-tweeting much of the game as well--so glance at the Twitter feed, or better yet, follow at @MyKSR1 if you will.

Five minutes to kickoff.

Injuries/illnesses/replacements:

Tristan Johnson will be in place of Mister Cobble at DT, who did not make the trip. Some sort of infection.

Cartier Rice also did not make the trip. True freshman Cody Quinn will play in his stead.

Jimcats
09-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Hope it doesn't come to that but Florida will bang him up a great deal today, IMO. Maybe a question of playing through pain.

Darrell KSR
09-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Interestingly, Morgan Newton chose Kentucky over Florida, as you may remember (I didn't immediately recall that myself).

Darrell KSR
09-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Cats to kick off.

Lfbj00
09-22-2012, 11:31 AM
I just got home from my daughters soccer game...why is Morgan Newton in at qb??

TheFabFueder
09-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Smith's shoulder

Darrell KSR
09-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Weird start to the game. UK's defense holds Gators to two straight 3-and-outs.

Darrell KSR
09-22-2012, 11:35 AM
UK said today Morgan Newton may get snaps today because of Smith's shoulder, but did not explain he may start.

TheFabFueder
09-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Came ready to play today. 3rd time in 29 games.

UKFlounder
09-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Another first-quarter boycott of the end zone by the Cats - simply incredible.

BudCat_upthecreek
09-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Newton is the best weapon Fla has today!!

TheFabFueder
09-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Time to try another QB. What wideout should we use. Worked last time.

goodycat
09-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Wow...Morgan Newton is absolutely useless. Misses a WIDE OPEN receiver then looks at his intended receiver for about four seconds and throws a pick six. Joker may love the kid and Smith is hurt but they have to sit him and never put him back in at QB.

BudCat_upthecreek
09-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Wow...Morgan Newton is absolutely useless. Misses a WIDE OPEN receiver then looks at his intended receiver for about four seconds and throws a pick six. Joker may love the kid and Smith is hurt but they have to sit him and never put him back in at QB.

Whitlow is a true Freshman but even the announcers realize he can't be any worse.

LakeCat
09-22-2012, 12:36 PM
This game was winnable and then Newton trots onto field. Does the Newton family have pictures of Joker in a compromising poistion or what? I hate the other players busting their butts with zero shot of winning. I put it own Joker 100%.

blue2ksr
09-22-2012, 12:39 PM
This game was winnable and then Newton trots onto field. Does the Newton family have pictures of Joker in a compromising poistion or what? I hate the other players busting their butts with zero shot of winning. I put it own Joker 100%.

Winnable??

:confused:

ShoesSwayedBlue
09-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Smith or Newton or whatever, all this game has done so far is piss me off. The defense has played well, gotten after the QB and stopped the run for the most part and the offense has ran well. If they had done just those three things earlier UK would be 3 -0 whether we could pass the damn ball or not. And Smith would be healthy because we would not have been throwing the ball a zillion times a game with him getting hit a dozen times. How in the world could UK be in Floridas backfield all quarter and not be able to put pressure on Bridgewater?

I'm glad I don't have a cat in the house. I would have punted him by now. :mad:

Catfan73
09-22-2012, 01:17 PM
It makes no sense. Why would they spend so much time talking about Jalen Whitlow in the pre-season and then not play him now? If Newton's back under center in the second half, Joker has given up, which would be a shame because his players haven't.

BudCat_upthecreek
09-22-2012, 01:23 PM
So limited what you can do with Newton under center.

Catonahottinroof
09-22-2012, 01:28 PM
And some outsiders, say potential coaches are looking at UK and going "what a waste of personnel".

suncat05
09-22-2012, 01:35 PM
If this weren't so sad it would be laughable.

BudCat_upthecreek
09-22-2012, 01:48 PM
If this weren't so sad it would be laughable.

You know Jalen Whitlow has to be one disgusted young man right now. He knows he has a chance to help his team. RE-phase, he knows if given the chance he could help his team.

ShoesSwayedBlue
09-22-2012, 01:53 PM
And some outsiders, say potential coaches are looking at UK and going "what a waste of personnel".

It's true. UK has talent. Not Florida overall talent, but more than U of L overall and a helluva lot more than Western.

BudCat_upthecreek
09-22-2012, 01:59 PM
It makes no sense. Why would they spend so much time talking about Jalen Whitlow in the pre-season and then not play him now? If Newton's back under center in the second half, Joker has given up, which would be a shame because his players haven't.

This ^^^^^^ well finally and he gets to start on the 5 yd line.

CatFan appears the kids have finally followed suit.

suncat05
09-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Given the situation, what other call is there for Joker to make? Smith is hurt, Newton does give us real game experience, but honestly, what else could we expect with Smith being hurt? Yes, now Whitlow's redshirt is burned as well.
We all knew this was going to happen. But I didn't see Smith getting hurt by WKU, of all teams, although injuries can and will happen at any time. What we're witnessing now is pretty much the sum total of most of what most of us have experienced as Kentucky football fans. Sad, sad state of affairs.

suncat05
09-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Game over. Kentucky loses to Florida big, yet again. This time 38-0. But what else can we expect with Morgan Newton at QB for us. No other real choice though, so I guess it's on to play South Carolina next week.
I am just way beyond discouraged right now, as I would guess many other Kentucky fans are as well. :(

kingcat
09-22-2012, 03:05 PM
I hate it for Joker and am very upset (to say the least) at those who put him in this position. Sadly, that includes even Coach Brooks.

Other than that I am just not interested in UK football anymore. I want success for them but until there is some inkling that hints the Wildcats are becoming a decent division one program, I have no interest. i would be more interested if they dropped to a lower division and tried to compete there.

If it were just football (as it is for some SEC programs) a two team expansion was not needed...the replacement of UK would have sufficed

Catfan73
09-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Sun, Whitlow had already played against Kent, so there was no reason not to play him today. Joker put him in a bad spot though, starting on his own 6 yard line.

Whoever it was (Doc maybe?) that said Newton would be our starter again just as soon as an excuse presented itself was right, dammit.

truecatsfan
09-22-2012, 09:07 PM
This staff has no clue how to evaluate talent.

Darrell KSR
09-22-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm still mad about it, but I can understand those who are numb.

Jimcats
09-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Winnable??

:confused:

I thought the way our defense opened up the game, along with a decent running attack, that if Smith had been able to go, we'd have made a game of it. Receivers got wide open a few times and Newton threw just as he did a season ago. But in fairness to him, he'd had no warning or practice for the QB role--learned of it on the trip down. Never knew a coach to be so secrecy-crazed that he doesn't even let his players know what's going on.

Catonahottinroof
09-23-2012, 06:57 AM
I've watched the condensed DVR version of the game this morning. .......just sickening is all I can say. The reasons why? Florida is not really that good of a team. If they are, they didn't show it yesterday. That was a beat down from a vey generic, going through the motions football team. Florida didn't really play with any purpose or sense or urgency and still took our lunch money.
I played golf yesterday and didn't bother to watch the live version of this depressing sight.

I'm fairly certain a Brooks coached team could have won that game yesterday with what UK has talent wise.
Florida is not that impressive. They didn't knock us off the ball. They didn't live in our backfield and they had plenty of 3 and outs and still had to call of the dogs in the 3rd quarter like UL did.
I see more golf in my future rather than UK football.

BigBluePappy
09-23-2012, 07:39 AM
I too watched the replay of the game on DVR (I worked yesterday) and sick sums it up Cat. I feel physically ill after what I witnessed.

Going to go lay down and see if it passes.