PDA

View Full Version : New Eastwood basebal movie

jazyd
09-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Like Moneyball I had to go see this new movie from Eastwood about a old baseball scout for the Braves...would have been better had it been the Cardinals.... It certainly will not win any awards but I thoroughly enjoyed it because of my love for the game. I think I relived some of my childhood dreams in this movie and had fun naming to myself the players names as their pictures on the wall came up at the start of the movie, and to see how many answers I knew in the trivia contest between two of the stars.

I hope those who like Eastwood and those who love baseball will like it as much as I did.

Catfan73
09-22-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Darrell KSR
09-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Gotta get my daughter back in town....she comes in once a month during school and works at the movie theater. When she's here, I get in free :).

I LOVE baseball movies, even "bad" ones.

Also looking forward to seeing "42," a portion of which was filmed in Birmingham, Rickwood field, and downtown. I was on the set accidentally one night downtown, as they were filming where I went to see a play with my wife. We stayed just out of camera's scope, as period-costumed actors, cars, and the like were shot just off 3rd Avenue in downtown Birmingham. Very cool. Hope to see that one, too.

Darrell KSR
09-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Hey Jazy...take a look at this article about "Curve." I think you will relate to it, and enjoy it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judy-farah/a-father-a-daughter-and-b_b_1904843.html

jazyd
09-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks Darrell, brought a big smile to my face and yes I can relate. I live baseball and baseball movies and this one brought back some memories for me of coaching my daughter in softball for 5 years and thinking now of coaching my granddaughter if she wants to play the game.
I love going to our minor league park to watch AA baseball braves, sometimes just by myself to get away from things and enjoy a simple game, watching young guys hoping against hope they will make the 'league'
I have become friends with a black man at Krogers where I shop, he runs the produce dept and we both love baseball. He wants me to help him when I can with his young boys team, in a section of Jackson that I would be the only white face there for sure. at first I thought no way would I go there, but the more I thought about and prayed about it, I am kinda excited now and have decided it is something I would love to do. Who knows it might break some barriers for some kids and even some adults.

The movie I liked, simple, but for me, memories of my daughter, memories of playing, and just the love of the game.

Hey Jazy...take a look at this article about "Curve." I think you will relate to it, and enjoy it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judy-farah/a-father-a-daughter-and-b_b_1904843.html