12-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Just lost to UAB. Nuff said.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

dan_bgblue
12-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Not hurting any more, Tis just a corpse

Darrell KSR
12-01-2013, 11:01 PM
At UAB. My son and I were at the game, and Bartow Arena was raucous.

A few photos from the game to follow.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
12-01-2013, 11:02 PM
My view before the game.

Darrell KSR
12-01-2013, 11:04 PM
UAB drove it at UNC early and often. UNC figured it out later, but not before UAB built a lead it never relinquished.

Darrell KSR
12-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Obligatory scantily clad dancing girls, the UAB Golden Girls.

Darrell KSR
12-01-2013, 11:06 PM
UAB security detail in white attempted to keep the crowd off the court after the upset.

Darrell KSR
12-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Ultimately, they failed.

Darrell KSR
12-01-2013, 11:09 PM
They crowded together nicely.

CitizenBBN
12-03-2013, 10:49 PM
UAB security detail in white attempted to keep the crowd off the court after the upset.

Not that Rupp needs it, but they should do what we do. Armed State Police in full uniform. Amazing how much a line of those guys will keep you on your good behavior.

I think it was when we beat UF when they were #1, the ERupption Zone was pretty new, a few students started out to the court. One of those troopers grabbed the first one and put him back the the Zone about 3 rows. No one else rushed the court.

But back to UNC, will they finally drop out of the Top 25 even though it was a road game?

Darrell KSR
12-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Not that Rupp needs it, but they should do what we do. Armed State Police in full uniform. Amazing how much a line of those guys will keep you on your good behavior.

I think it was when we beat UF when they were #1, the ERupption Zone was pretty new, a few students started out to the court. One of those troopers grabbed the first one and put him back the the Zone about 3 rows. No one else rushed the court.

But back to UNC, will they finally drop out of the Top 25 even though it was a road game?

Most UAB games, if they did that the armed guards would outnumber the fans.

To everyone's credit, the fans did not come on the court until players and coaches had exited.

Sent using Forum Runner

CitizenBBN
12-04-2013, 10:41 AM
To everyone's credit, the fans did not come on the court until players and coaches had exited.

Sent using Forum Runner

Oh, that's fine. It's not about the people celebrating, just the safety of the players. Wait till they're gone and then it's just worrying about damage to the court from the wrong shoes.

Not sure how many work UK games, 15-20 maybe.

Doc
12-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Oh, that's fine. It's not about the people celebrating, just the safety of the players. Wait till they're gone and then it's just worrying about damage to the court from the wrong shoes.

Not sure how many work UK games, 15-20 maybe.

Yeah, you don't want a concocked case were a player (ie Demarcus Cousin) reportedly punches a fan (see S. Carolina fan)

Doc
12-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I though rushing the court occurred after upsets. Me, I wasn't "upset" UNC-CH lost nor did I expect them to win.

Darrell KSR
12-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Well, UNC was a 7-point favorite. I told my buddy here that UAB would win. Four JUCO players and a 5th year transfer, and a nearly full crowd (shockingly, they did not sell out. They shouldn't have jacked up the prices. Had a chance to fill the place, get others to go back, and blew it--IMHO. But that's another thread).