PDA

View Full Version : Back door gun control.

DanISSELisdaman
12-01-2013, 06:45 PM
http://allenbwest.com/2013/12/backdoor-gun-control-lead-means-bullets/

jazyd
12-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Fin bastards

CitizenBBN
12-02-2013, 01:14 AM
Yeah, there is little doubt left that part of the plan is to strangle ammunition.

I'm glad they mention there that it's conveniently illegal to make ammo out of much else other than lead, which now we can't get. Solid copper or steel is considered armor piercing for the most part, and is flat illegal. Nice catch 22 they've created huh?

What will get imported is the actual bullets, the ammo will still be assembled here, but there's a reason reloading equipment is flying off the shelves and has been for some time. You can stock up on a lot of ammo that way.

It's also critical to get the ammo as an import/export thing b/c State Dept has HUGE discretion on what is and isn't allowed to be imported or exported re firearms, and goes way beyond the Gun Control Act or anything ATF can do. That's how Obama with an executive order can stop the re-importation of M1 Garand rifles that aren't on any ban list anywhere, even in California. That's BEFORE the Small Arms Treaty, which could be applied to the bullets we now will have to import. Obama could pressure nations to simply not export to us, or the Mexican President could just as easily. See my other posts to explain how that treaty can restrict US imports, and now tell me how that's not important when it can cover our only supply of lead bullets.

I'm hoping this plant maintains itself in some way, b/c if we can get rid of Obama those regs are GONE baby gone, and we're making lead again, but that's years off, that plant will be sold off and then we have no domestic lead production ability even for military use. If there's a protracted war we can't even make ammo for our troops. Hows that for Presidential leadership. he gets us right where our enemies (and he) want us.

It's anti-gun, and anti-US manufacturing, it's a breach of national security as sure as not being able to make gunpowder or have oil reserves, all under the guise of global warming. It's the gift that keeps on giving to the Left to justify everything.

DanISSELisdaman
12-02-2013, 07:08 AM
This may shed a little light on why they've been stockpiling ammo.

jazyd
12-02-2013, 08:37 AM
And all those hunters, fishermen, and gun owners who voter for this disgusting piece of garbage are now getting what they sewed. They bought his lies w/o ever investigating his history as a state senator who wanted to raise taxes so high on ammo that very few could buy it, thus no guns.
Have EPA ban lead, have agencies buy up all the ammo and poof...gun control

CattyWampus
12-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Here's a little more info. Maybe it's not as dire as we've been led to believe.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/02/rumor-check-did-obama-close-a-lead-plant-in-order-to-enact-backdoor-gun-control/

CitizenBBN
12-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Interesting article, really good find Wampus.

I'll try to find out what the big makers use, the companies cited there are minuscule makers of ammo, not sure if they aren't remanufactured makers. I'd need to look at the big consumers to see how much of the lead market they are, etc.

I'll be thrilled if it has no impact at all, but remove 10% of the supply it will have an effect. I'm mostly concerned about any production being moved off shore b/c of the legal power that gives the State Department. As the US lead supply constricts it will push more production off shore, making it more price competitive to buy finished or semi-finished product from abroad, and all that trade is subject to action without Congressional approval.

There are a lot of rumors though. Just heard one about Obama making it hard to get concealed carry permits. I have heard nothing on this and have no idea how he could do it or why he'd take it on right now, but it's out there worrying people. The one where they tag powder to track it is another example.

dan_bgblue
12-18-2013, 05:41 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/18/end-line-for-lead-bullet-regulations-bans-force-switch-to-green-ammo/

CitizenBBN
12-18-2013, 06:10 PM
From what I've gleaned on the subject the foundry closing is "another brick in the wall" as it were. Regardless of reasons for its closing, b/c this country is as much or more obsessed with lead as they are with guns (people know it exists in nature right?), it's another link in a long chain of events that is raising the cost and availability of ammo.

the anti-gunners say outright their strategy is to chip away and raise costs. The esp. want to raise costs b/c it drives people OUT of the shooting sports and hunting. If people dont' start shooting b/c it's expensive then they won't have nearly as many pro-gun people out there. NSSF's latest numbers show strong growth among women shooters and show VERY strongly that if you can get people out to the range and shooting they will come back and buy guns and become "gun people" in large numbers.

The last thing the anti-gunners want is for the shooting sports to be inexpensive and accessible. This goes double for the urban poor, who they are trying so hard to disarm. You see the strategy in all the fees Chicago and DC have placed on gun ownership, trying to limit ownership by making it expensive.

You see it in how Cali destroys all the weapons it confiscates, trying to keep prices up on guns. They have even had bills proposed to spend Cali tax money to BUY guns from other states just to destroy them. It's all about an economic attack on shooting and gun ownership.

I sold a bunch of ammo this last week, went strong b/c people know they need to be stocking up long term. Supply will improve some but with the shift to all copper the cost sure wont' come down.

I imagine the EPA will get rid of lead ammo before lead availability becomes the issue, but it won't change the fact that ammo is a key front in the battle for gun rights. It's a sophisticated attack in its way, trying to limit participation and thus limit support.

dan_bgblue
12-18-2013, 08:51 PM
I wonder if you can make bullets out of depleted uranium?