PDA

View Full Version : 4th grade indoctrination.

DanISSELisdaman
11-24-2013, 07:01 AM
http://www.libertynews.com/2013/11/breaking-common-core-approved-4th-grade-book-says-whites-reject-obama-because-hes-black/

kingcat
11-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Where can one study the book itself to understand the context by which it is written.

Excerpts can be very misleading, especially the way right and left wing blogs report things

DanISSELisdaman
11-24-2013, 01:00 PM
I have no idea kingcat. This was posted on facebook.

Darrell KSR
11-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Hmm. The excerpt (repeated here):

"Here’s one of the most damning quotes from the book.

“But some people said Americans weren’t ready for that much change. Sure Barack was a nice fellow, they said. But white voters would never vote for a black president. Other angry voices were raised. Barack’s former pastor called the country a failure. God would damn the United States for mistreating its black citizens, he said.”

- See more at: http://www.libertynews.com/2013/11/breaking-common-core-approved-4th-grade-book-says-whites-reject-obama-because-hes-black/#sthash.TDwYn2Km.dpuf

What part of that is wrong, misleading, mischaracterizing, or in any way "indoctrinating?" (And remember--they said it is "one of the most damning" quotes in the entire book).

First, I'll admit--happily I was wrong -- before Barack Obama was elected, I said that a Black President was unelectable. I'm not a Barack Obama supporter (I am a President ______ supporter), but I am happy I was wrong that a Black man could be elected President, and hope the country gives another one a chance soon.

Obama's preacher DID say God was going to damn the U.S. -- I found what he said not consistent with what the God I worship would do. And his Pastor DID call the U.S. a failure. And frankly, I don't blame anyone at all for not voting for Barack Obama just for that alone, which I think is a decent reason not to vote for a Presidential candidate, even if you think he's a nice guy.

Plenty of reasonable people didn't vote for Barack Obama because of what his Pastor said. Others voted for another candidate for other reasons.

I find the damning quote to be damning of President Obama and his choice of a Pastor. I find the story horribly misleading (and I acknowledge the very slight racism angle of saying some people said white voters wouldn't vote for a Black President, but that's overwhelmed by the remaining part of it.)

When I played schoolyard basketball, somebody would shoot a shot, and you'd block it, and you'd say, "Is that all you got?"

That's the way I feel with that "damning" quote from the book.

JMO.

jazyd
11-27-2013, 04:08 PM
if Obama had not gotten the white vote he did he would not have been elected and that is fact.

Many did object to not just his pastor's words, but the fact Obama sat thru sermon after sermon for 20 years and somehow said he never heard him say things like that, which was the first of his many lies.

I didn't vote for him because I realized he was a liar early on, was way too liberal for me, I felt and still feel he is a muslim, was not nearly as intelligent as we were told, his moral issues clashed with my beliefs.

jazyd
11-27-2013, 04:09 PM
And yes I have voted for a black man for office and will again.

kingcat
11-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Neither to endorse nor condemn our President I would like to add something to the discussion.
Anti American preaching is not at all unusual or particular to Blacks in this country.

I was raised in the Church of God. A holiness church, and as a young person listened to sermon after sermon declaring this country evil.
The ladies had to wear dresses below their ankle, no make up, and most kept their hair in a bun on top of their head (the significance of which Im not sure).

The entertainment and culture of the United States was demonized every service as well and, as was often heard, come out of her my people was a rallying cry for holiness people.

My wifes church on the other hand (and other churches my non immediate family attended) considered this nation, especially with the increased Catholic influence, as one giving rise to the anti-christ. One Adventist book in particular accused Ronald 6 Wilson 6 Reagan 6 of being the anti christ who would change the sabbath to Sunday and make it a national day of worship (which they consider to be the "following after the beast" of biblical reference)
By the way, the same book was changed several years later to Bill Clinton as the false prophet who would empower the anti christ (Rome).

My point is that what is discussed or preached in MOST churches both whites and blacks and in betweens attend would be just as damning if one was to use such as a criteria for political office. These churches are usually considered church family and preachers often take liberties when preparing a sermon just to garner an extra amen or two.

Sad, but its true of the religious culture in America...style trumps substance more often than not. Some fine Christians sat through the services I attended, and studied the books I mentioned. However, as being predomonantly White folk. I don't believe they would be judged by what they heard taught and preached if they ran for public office

jazyd
11-29-2013, 10:36 AM
King, did you ever hear any of the preachers at any of those churches specifically ask God to damn this country? To me there is a difference in believing this country was going to the devil versus asking God to actually damn a nation.

kingcat
11-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Not in so many word but the teaching was that this country was the devils', the new Babylon, etc....

Pretty much the same thing, with the only caveat being, if we used the word damn we had to be "saved" again the next church service. :outtahere:

..after the offering plate was passed naturally.

badrose
12-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Context: 4th graders are reading it. To have 9 yr olds exposed to this kind of material smacks of indoctrination. I suppose you could make a case for just about anything being that but of all the things 4th graders need to learn, this really sticks out and should raise a lot of flags IMO.

kingcat
12-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Honestly, I am trying to see the error and lack of educational merit but cannot. It seems an historical truth to me.

As for it being fourth grade curriculum, well i guess they need something to relieve the tension of advanced sex education.
:confused0053: