PDA

View Full Version : Makes Cal Even More Popular; Pearl/Seth Said Most Of Cal's Studs USED To Go To UNC

Darryl
11-22-2013, 04:06 PM
On ESPN Bruce Pearl and Seth Greenberg were asked what is wrong with the Tar Heels. Both alluded to how Kansas
and Kentucky have taken over getting the elite guys.

The host asked how does that happen to North Carolina, this is Michael Jordan University.

Seth said "John is getting all the players that used to go North Carolina. They have the staff, the relationships, etc"

That makes me love Cal even more.

Darryl

Carolinawildcats
11-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Calipari has something up his sleeve for next year. That is the general consensus of a 3 insiders I spoke to this week. Duke thinks they have the #1 class wrapped up, and they very well may have, but Cal will land at least 1 more that some do not expect. If he is expecting 2 as Larry indicated, I have a pretty good idea now that I know what to expect. Depending on who returns, we will not be disappointed by any stretch of the imagination. Darryl, your earlier post was spot on regarding UK vs. Duke for next year. Coach K has a way of getting players to stick around. IF, and that's a big IF, hood returns, I give the edge to Duke, but like our chances in the end. I think we will have a quicker team next year for sure.

Peace

Richard (CW)

uk-4-the-win
11-22-2013, 04:39 PM
How about we tell it like it really is here. The absolute honest truth

step 1. The NCAA came a knocking searching the football and basketball programs. before that happened there were rumors so you know top shelf talent arent going to risk signing with a school and the possibility they could get a post season ban later on. this was a problem all up until the NCAA gave the bball team a free pass months ago

Step 2. Cal Signed with UK and set the one and done in motion.

Step 3. Davis, Henson, Barnes, Zeller, Mcadoo staying multiple years by the selfish advice of Roy. They sacrificed future recruiting for the sake of a shot for the title immediately by having lottery picks come back

Step 4. PJ. Hairston and McDonalds problems UNC has such a black eye right now its basically uncool to go to UNC.

Step 5. Roy's cancer fight (if its real who knows) Roy like Calhoun might step down due to his health.

Thats the 5 step program to derailing your program right there.

kingcat
11-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Davis ended the carolina run on big name players with the block heard round the world. Heralded players like Barnes, Chandler, Henson with experience met Cals young guns and saw a much anticipated season destroyed in one play.

http://cmsimg.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=B2&Date=20120407&Category=SPORTS03&ArtNo=304070101&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&UK-s-Championship-Season-their-own-words

..and they haven't been the same program since

Krank
11-22-2013, 05:01 PM
I love that story, Uncle Kingcat… tell me another?

kingcat
11-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Once upon a time....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/Wires/Online/2013-11-18/AP/Images/Belmont%20N%20Carolina%20Basketball.JPEG-025de.jpg
..this didn't happen

Krank
11-22-2013, 05:13 PM
HA, so true!