PDA

View Full Version : 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination

blueboss
11-20-2013, 09:34 PM
With the 50 year anniversary of the Kennedy assassination being the day after tomorrow, suppose just suppose for a second, what if someone came up with definitive proof without a doubt that the Russians killed Kennedy. In some twisted assassination plot Oswald was contracted by the Russians and Jack Ruby and the grassy knoll and all came to be true with indisputable facts coming to light, how would our government react, or more to the question what could we do? Of course Obama would apologize, but seriously how would it be handled?

Give a run at it fellas/ladies

CitizenBBN
11-20-2013, 10:31 PM
I think your guess as to Obama's reaction is 100% serious and accurate. He would do nothing but make a speech.

But in this ideal world if we had a President who was pro-American, we would likely sever diplomatic relations, end any number of agreements and use it as justification to act directly and by proxy in areas that are in dispute. Probably by working for sanctions against Russia, their economy is weak, and using such threats to get them to give up their influence peddling with certain key nations.

At this point it would be leverage as opposed to some kind of physical retribution or overt physical response.

Catonahottinroof
11-21-2013, 05:50 AM
Jesse Ventura has a rant about this.

Doc
11-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Kennedy was a democrat....republicans did it.

Most forget that JFK wasn't popular at the time of his death. There were many disgruntled citizens in this country. IMO it wasn't "just a lone gunman" named Lee Harvery

UKHistory
11-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Lots of theories. It is certainly possible that elements within the government killed the President. While Nixon is considered a crook, there is speculatoin that mob bosses in Chicago were able to rig Chicago and as a result Illinois to go Kennedy's way and when then turned against Kennedy due to his brother.

Our government was working diligently to assassinate Fidel Castro. I could see a scenario where Oswald and perhaps Cuban infiltrators killed JFK.

If that did occur (and that is the theory I lean towards) I believe the Warren Commission and other high level official including LBJ knew of this. We came damn close to blowing up the world over Cuba, I am thinking that Castro acted on his own and not at the bequest of Khrushev so we blinked.

I believe LBJ was confronted with the options of looking the other way OR blowing up the world to avenge one man already dead. I think we decided it was not worrh it to blow the world up over one man--that many didn't like anyway.

Jack Ruby's role in killing Oswald is tougher to explain from this theory alone. And dating back to the invasion of Sicily, our intelligence apparatus had worked with organized crime.

Sad to say but our government has long standing ties with organized crime, drug lords, and denying our citizens their unalienable rights.

MickintheHam
11-22-2013, 11:10 AM

Most forget that JFK wasn't popular at the time of his death. There were many disgruntled citizens in this country. IMO it wasn't "just a lone gunman" named Lee Harvery

Kennedy was popular. He was a media darling. He and his entire family were celebrities. The pop culture could not get enough of him. Even Vaughn Meader had a comic album about the family living in the White House. Everyone had listened to it. It was played at parties all the time. Meader was in great demand for late night talk shows.

Even with the popularity however, he was in trouble with being re-elected, particularly in the South where his Federal Marshall's intervention in to state issues was resented. Hence, the trip to Dallas less than a year before the election. In addition the intervention the failed Bay of Pigs invasion was a political disaster. In the end it may have cost him his life. Popular? Yes! Re-electable? In doubt.

Doc
11-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Let me put it this way, far more popular after death than before.

MickintheHam
11-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Let me put it this way, far more popular after death than before.

He was more popular after death for sure, but was clearly popular as a sitting President. People could not get enough of him or his lovely wife. In places like Vegas, LA, Chicago, Boston, NYC and DC, he was immensely popular. But, in death his political enemies such as George C Wallace acquiesced.

According to Gallup the average approval rating of JFK during his time in office was 70.1%. It is the highest of any President while in office since the surveys began in the late 40s.

bigronhahn1011
11-22-2013, 08:44 PM
I have always held the theory that the executioners took out the wrong man, and that they were actually aiming for Governor Connally.

suncat05
11-23-2013, 07:46 AM
For whatever reason(s) it happened, I am sure of this: if we ever do find out who was behind it, and why, it would most likely turn this country on its ear, and cause immense turmoil. And maybe a war.

But we will never know, and I am sure of that too. Whoever was behind it will never be known and will never be made to account for their crime. Just the fact that we don't know, and don't have a clue, should be the biggest clue for everyone.

kingcat
11-24-2013, 10:58 AM
A tragic event which affected me deeply as a young person, and still does to this day.
The untimely death of a great President who, when push came to shove, had but one loyalty...America

bigsky
11-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Can't say that it affected me in any way. Bobby's murder was far more consequential, IMO.

KeithKSR
11-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Lots of ballistics evidence that suggests that Secret Service agent George Hickey fired the shot that killed him, likely by accident. Reelz channel had a special on the subject and there is a lot of evidence pointing toward it being an accidental discharge, as Hickey stood and wielded an AR15 and was then thrust back into the seat as the car he was in directly behind Kennedy lurched and caused him to fall back into his seat.

This theory also explains why those at ground level could smell the gunpowder from the shot.

The 5.56 mm round is more likely to make the 6 mm entrance wound to the head than the 6.5 mm round used by the Mannlicher-Carcano.

cattails
12-02-2013, 02:28 PM

I believe LHO did shoot JFK, just not so sure he acted alone. A lot has come to light in the 50 years after.

MickintheHam
12-06-2013, 10:36 AM
I believe LHO did shoot JFK, just not so sure he acted alone. A lot has come to light in the 50 years after.

Agreed. I always believed the Sam Giancana theory. Wasn't Sam dating Judith Campbell Exner? Wasn't he from Chicago? Hadn't Jack Ruby within 5 years before the murder moved from Chicago to Dallas? Wasn't Ruby secretary of one of the Unions in Chicago? Wasn't Sam President?

Lots of questions.

cattails
12-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Agreed. I always believed the Sam Giancana theory. Wasn't Sam dating Judith Campbell Exner? Wasn't he from Chicago? Hadn't Jack Ruby within 5 years before the murder moved from Chicago to Dallas? Wasn't Ruby secretary of one of the Unions in Chicago? Wasn't Sam President?

Lots of questions.

The one question I don't have is, did LHO shoot JFK. There is overwhelming evidence to support this thinking. The one thing that is missing is how very difficult it would have been for him to get 3 shots off with a bolt action with that kind of accuracy. True, 3 shell casings were found along with the rifle but there is also evidence to support the theory that there was another shooter. LHO also used another name, of which he had that identification in his wallet, purchased the same weapon used, had it shipped to an address using this other name. I clearly don't believe he acted alone, there are just to many connections to Russia, Cuba and the Mob to believe otherwise. To many convenient happenings to not at least question the conclusion that we are supposed to accept as fact. Much like Lincoln, the book on JFK will never be closed.