PDA

View Full Version : Barkley is wrong

cattails
11-16-2013, 12:09 PM
One of my fav guys on the tube, but he is wrong on the use of the "N" word, double standard is all it is. Total BS is what this is, I have had this same discussion with some of my good black friends, if you don't expect me to talk like this, then you shouldn't either.

nba trash talkers
TALKING SMACK

These guys never stopped running...their mouths. Best trash talkers.

Charles Barkley said "I use the N-word" and said the Clippers' Matt Barnes shouldn't have apologized for using it.

Barnes was fined $25,000 and criticized by coach Doc Rivers after using the word in a tweet following his ejection from Wednesday night's game.

"I use the N-word ... I'm going to continue to use the N-word with my black friends, with my white friends," Barkley this week on TNT.

Barkley also went on to say that even though Barnes should have not tweeted that publicly, the word was not used as a racial slur and Barnes should not have to apologize for using it.

Barkley said white people don't have the right to criticize the way black people speak to each other and that they don't have the right to use the N-word unless their black friends have given them a pass.

"White America doesn't get to dictate how me and Shaq talk to each other. And they've been trying to infiltrate themselves saying 'Well you guys use it, it's in rap music' — no, no, no, that's not the same," Barkley said.

Barkley said he allows his white friends to use that word with him because it is not used with disrespect, but at the same time if his white friends say that around the wrong black people, they will "hear a clock upside (their) damn head."

Barkley made valid points about his freedom to say whatever he pleases with his friends, but it would make it easier on athletes if they just did not use that word at all. It might have saved Barnes some money.

badrose
11-16-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm not compelled to use the word so I don't have a problem with the rule tacitly. The issue I have is that many claim racism is a one-way street.

cattails
11-16-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm not compelled to use the word so I don't have a problem with the rule tacitly. The issue I have is that many claim racism is a one-way street.

Racism is many streets, blacks are just as racist as whites in a general population, not so much with other ethnic groups, but it is there. I just try not to say the word because it is offensive to some.

kingcat
11-17-2013, 12:16 PM
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment

Darrell KSR
11-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Burwell: N-word isn't acceptable in the workplace (http://t.co/ZI2vd5jWuo)