PDA

View Full Version : The coming betrayal of Israel

dan_bgblue
11-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Cal Thomas (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/11/12/coming-betrayal-israel/?intcmp=HPBucket)

badrose
11-13-2013, 10:17 AM
It's not like we haven't seen this coming. Israel is on their own and have probably anticipated the Obama administrations actions. They will do what they have to do. I don't think Obama has the balls to stop or retaliate. It's easy to see who he favors though. Always has.

UKHistory
11-13-2013, 11:38 AM
I would fault the United States for being foolish to believe Iran or North Korea. I would not fault the US for not blindly protecting Israel.

Israle blew up a US navy ship that was operated by the NSA. Israel killed US citizens and military personnel. They are not some wonderful ally.

the promised land is not Palestine. It is Miami Beach. Annex Cuba and move Israel over here. Find a substitute for oil and leave the middle east to the dry desert winds to wither away.

badrose
11-13-2013, 12:15 PM
History, have you posted this before? I've seen the last bit about the promised land before.

UKHistory
11-13-2013, 01:34 PM
I am a broken record. I am sure I have made that off hand, flippant and admittedly unrealistic comment before.

While a democratic state and necessary ally, I am amazed and a little worried at the power and financial back of the pro Israeli lobby in this country. I like Washington's "avoid entangling alliances" departing comment. About the only permanent ally I would stick with is Britain and Canada, Australia.

History, have you posted this before? I've seen the last bit about the promised land before.

Simes123
12-05-2013, 01:58 AM
I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if this works for me Thanks and keep posting such a informative blogs.

Darrell KSR
12-05-2013, 09:55 AM
I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if this works for me Thanks and keep posting such a informative blogs.

This is what I really enjoy about a message board community of Kentucky fans. You never know what you are going to get.

Sent using Forum Runner

suncat05
12-05-2013, 10:05 AM

Yeah, that was out of left field and rather random to boot. Where are these people coming from, and what are they doing in our little community? J/S......

dan_bgblue
12-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Yeah, that was out of left field and rather random to boot. Where are these people coming from, and what are they doing in our little community? J/S......

My guess is that the posts come from exploratory robot spammers.

Darrell KSR
12-05-2013, 08:15 PM

Drones!

Sent using Forum Runner

CitizenBBN
12-05-2013, 10:58 PM

They post and try to leave links for spam in the signatures, but I've disabled links in signatures for that very reason.

Even with the Q&A you have to do to sign up they still get past from time to time.

cattails
12-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Israel is no one to mess with, remember the six day war??? I can see Israel in a full scale nuke launch against Iran if the feel threatened enough. Don't say chicken or dare with Israel.

bigronhahn1011
12-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Israel is no one to mess with, remember the six day war??? I can see Israel in a full scale nuke launch against Iran if the feel threatened enough. Don't say chicken or dare with Israel.

There are two countries in this world that would have no reservation in using nuclear weapons. One is the country that has already done so to end a war, and the other country is the one that will do everything possible to protect what they believe is their God given right to the land they possess and want to possess. I'm pretty well convinced I know how this whole thing wraps up, so I am totally convinced that someday Israel will use such force to prove their political points.

cattails
12-08-2013, 01:32 AM
There are two countries in this world that would have no reservation in using nuclear weapons. One is the country that has already done so to end a war, and the other country is the one that will do everything possible to protect what they believe is their God given right to the land they possess and want to possess. I'm pretty well convinced I know how this whole thing wraps up, so I am totally convinced that someday Israel will use such force to prove their political points.

Israel is no one to mess with, when their back is to the wall all hell could break loos.

ukblue
12-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Really brillant move on BO's part. Isolate Israel and watch them turn the surrounding Muslim countries to glass.

KeithKSR
12-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Coming betrayal? Was the article written in 2009, that is when more astute people saw it coming?

dan_bgblue
01-22-2014, 08:30 PM
They deserve better (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/22/israel-foils-al-qaeda-plot-on-us-embassy-internal-security-agency-says/?intcmp=latestnews)

A true ally in this screwed up world is hard to come by

ram
01-24-2014, 07:15 PM
I hate to say it, but if I ever have to choose between Israel and the USA, I'll go with Israel. For me, it's religious issue. The Bible is full of examples of what happens either immediately or ultimately to those that seek to harm Israel. They have and will prevail against all threats.

UKHistory
01-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Does that mean you would take up arms against the United States of America for a foreign power?

And with regards to the Bible...Israel recongizes only half of that Book.

And God, according to scripture, has used a lot of countries to whip the Israelites pretty good over the centuries. It actually might be God's will to let Israel go its own way and take a whipping.

You are free to your opinion and I mean that respectfully. Outside of Great Britain, I don't see any country the US needs to support 100% blindly--and not even Britain blindly.

Israel spies on us; have attacked a US ship killing US military personnel; have not always returned indicted persons with dual citizenship to stand trial for capital cases, and are not exactly the model for how to treat their second class citizens in the Palestinians.

Compared to the rest of the Middle East, Israel is a beacon of democracy. They just have to much financial clout in the US for my taste.

I hate to say it, but if I ever have to choose between Israel and the USA, I'll go with Israel. For me, it's religious issue. The Bible is full of examples of what happens either immediately or ultimately to those that seek to harm Israel. They have and will prevail against all threats.

ram
01-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Thanks for your response.

Just my opinion...and you know what they say about opinions.... From a Biblical perspective, I'm not sure if Israel represents God's chosen people or if Christians are "Israel". (A subject of debate at the seminary I attended) Just to be safe, I would never take up arms nor support the taking up of arms against Israel. I'd go to prison first.

You're right about God using other nations to discipline Israel...but in the Bible we also see that God always delivered Israel...and sometimes allowed them to prevail against the very nations that had warred against them.

As for Israel only recognizing half the Bible...IMO, they along with everyone else will ultimately recognize JC as per the NT.

bigsky
01-28-2014, 07:46 AM
Well it has come to Israel vs the US before and our leaders betrayed us in favor of Israel.

http://www.ussliberty.org/margolis.txt

ram
01-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Would they betray Israel in favor of the arab/muslim nations? I remember the liberty issue now that you mention it. I thought McNamara and his people decided the attack was not intentional. From what I recall their decision in part was based on the lack of a logical motive on the part of Israel for such an attack.

One thing that is true about Israel...they have no true, unconditional friends. If they believe you to be a threat, they can be fierce.

bigsky
01-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Yeah, like any one would believe Robt McNamara

ram
01-28-2014, 02:47 PM
What do you think Israel's motive was?

bigsky
01-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Exactly what the Medal of Honor Winner and others in the USS Liberty thought and think. They were in the way, their records proved Israel attacked first, and Israel knew Johnson and others in the Johnson administration would cover it up. As they did. And now we know the extent of the traitorous betrayal. Then we can talk Gulf of Tonkin and dead Americans in Viet Nam that are also brave, patriotic victims of Robert McNamara's lies.

Those are dead Americans killed deliberately by Israel. Now I read somebody say he would side with Israel over those brave Americans. Remember, Israeli pilots deliberately and knowingly strafed American sailors in lifeboats. They were eliminating the witnesses.

" Israeli attacks killed 34 U.S. seamen and
wounded 171 out of a crew of 297, the worst loss
of U.S. naval personnel from hostile action since
World War II." (May no longer be accurate but worse than USS Cole)

I Remember the USS Liberty just as I remember Pearl Harbor or 9/11.

ram
01-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Certainly would never say Israel is perfect and would not discount that they may have acted inappropriately...governments including ours do that type thing. Certainly makes "blind" support seem unwise. Much of what I've read re: the Liberty is written by those such as the Margolis guy that is always antagonistic toward US causes or others who seem to have an anti-Semetic slant. On the other hand, what I've read in defense of Israel is written by those who always/blindly support her. As stated earlier, my position on Israel is based largely on my faith and, honestly, fear of what happens to those who oppose her. At least Israel apologized for the Liberty attack. I don't recall Japan apologizing for PH or any muslim leader denouncing 9/11 or condemning those responsible for their evil acts.

It's often said "You can tell a man by the company he keeps" or, by default, the company he does not keep. IMO, there are spiritual reasons the entire muslim nation hates her....these are the very reasons I will support her.

badrose
01-28-2014, 05:09 PM
ram, I agree with you regarding Israel being the more reasonable nation among those who follow Islam. I think the reason her neighbors hate her is simply envy and their quest to put the entire world under Sharia law. That Israel still stands is a real thorn to them. As far as the Bible and what it says pertaining to Israel as a nation I'm pretty much in agreement with this:

http://www.granbychurchofchrist.org/Bible/KingJames/Daniel/StudyGuide/013_The-Time-Of-The-End.htm

ram
01-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Good article. Indeed, I believe a new covenant was formed via Jesus Christ. Those who've accepted Him as God's Son are God's people. However, God is faithful and was always faithful to Israel...even in disciplining her. I'm among those who believe God still has compassion on Israel. Christ will lead the fight against those forces of evil (which will turn on Israel). Israel will ultimately accept that Jesus was/is the Messiah...as will all others.

Thanks for your comments.

badrose
01-28-2014, 05:47 PM
God may favor Israel over its neighbors, but it's not because of any promise left unfulfilled. I agree that everyone will recognize Christ but for most it will be too late. If ever there was a time after Christ to protect Israel it would have been in AD 70 when Jerusalem was under siege. The spiritual state of Israel is no better now than then to deserve divine intervention except only when compared to radical Islam.

ram
01-28-2014, 06:32 PM
Many believe what a lot of us believe to be end of times prophecies were actually prophesy of the fall of Jerusalem. I agree re the spiritual state of Israel. At least they recognize the true God as the Almighty.