PDA

View Full Version : Visited a friends farm yesterday

CGWildcat
11-11-2013, 12:20 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97540827@N02/

jazyd
11-11-2013, 12:25 PM
You could throw a spinnerbait on that point and wear the fish out, then climb a tree and wait for a nice 8pt to come along. Stock up the freezer with deer meat and fish. :)
nice shots

CGWildcat
11-11-2013, 07:06 PM
I wish I could, but those are on base....hands off! The fish I can do, but theyre catch n release.

blueboss
11-11-2013, 08:35 PM
You could throw a spinnerbait on that point and wear the fish out, then climb a tree and wait for a nice 8pt to come along. Stock up the freezer with deer meat and fish. :)
nice shots

Jazy, I talked to a guy today that showed me a picture taken in front of his one acre lake of his 196 lb field dressed buck that measured out 156. They stocked the lake with bass and blue gill six years ago and you really could spend the morning in a stand with a good chance of a trophy buck strolling by and then spend the afternoon cranking in 3-6 lbers, or hand sized gills... Henry Co. let me know when you're ready.

jazyd
11-11-2013, 09:17 PM
You just made me ill. Lol. As much as I like to hunt, fishing is a passion. Went to south Louisiana last month and worked on the redfish
Someday I am coming, rod in hand

QUOTE=blueboss;123411]Jazy, I talked to a guy today that showed me a picture taken in front of his one acre lake of his 196 lb field dressed buck that measured out 156. They stocked the lake with bass and blue gill six years ago and you really could spend the morning in a stand with a good chance of a trophy buck strolling by and then spend the afternoon cranking in 3-6 lbers, or hand sized gills... Henry Co. let me know when you're ready.[/QUOTE]

blueboss
11-11-2013, 09:52 PM
These guys are still in catch and release mode on the bass in order to get up to hog size, but you can keep the blue gills for frying and such. I'll try and figure out how to get the photo pasted on here tomorrow...it's truly a slice of heaven.

I've got another option in Nelson Co on a five acre lake, and they mandate that all caught bass must "NOT" go back in the water. They're out of balance and need to thin out some of the predator fish. Not sure about the deer heard on this property but the squirrel hunting is excellent. They're also talking about raising some bird food to start having some dove shoots in the future.

jazyd
11-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Boss, one of my bucket lists is to visit some of you guys in Ky, hunt and fish together and relax. Catch and release is fine, I just love to catch them. When I am casting, I am at my most relaxed state, probably even more so than when asleep. :). The next throw is always 'the one'.
Would love to share the squirrel woods with you, spent many early morning hours on Rolling Hills CC in Lone Oak shooting them before the golfers got out. The guy who did most of the work at the club loved them

blueboss
11-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Here's the set up, the lake in the background is loaded, the guy that oversees the property recently pulled a 7 lber out of it. The guy with the deer stopped in today and asked when I was coming fishing.

jazyd
11-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Will be there this spring :). Was the deer killed there, looks like right side might have been injured

QUOTE=blueboss;124519]Here's the set up, the lake in the background is loaded, the guy that oversees the property recently pulled a 7 lber out of it. The guy with the deer stopped in today and asked when I was coming fishing.[/QUOTE]

blueboss
11-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Will be there this spring :). Was the deer killed there, looks like right side might have been injured

QUOTE=blueboss;124519]Here's the set up, the lake in the background is loaded, the guy that oversees the property recently pulled a 7 lber out of it. The guy with the deer stopped in today and asked when I was coming fishing.[/QUOTE]

The deer was shot (twice, there's a story) on the property but not at that spot. They use that back drop for their annual photo ops for obvious reasons.

jazyd
11-15-2013, 06:13 PM
boss, where is Nelson county, can't remember.

been quail hunting yet? I am anxious to see if the covey I saw last year is still there, hope it has grown beyond the 13 birds, fun to watch them from a stand. We used to have 2 coveys but when they clear cut we lost them, been that one covey has been growing just a little each year.

blueboss
11-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Nelson Co is down by Bardstown, the lake in the photo is on the property in Henry Co which is Eminence, over by Shelbyville.

Haven't been able to get back on any quail just yet, coyotes, cats, eating the young'uns, and open farming has played hell with their habitat.

BigBluePappy
11-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Bardstown is the County seat of Nelson County, Kentucky.
Also home to the teeming metropolises (metropoli?) of Boston, New Haven and Nelsonville, not to mention Icetown, Balltown and Culvertown.:party0035: