PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Take it for what it's worth

badrose
09-19-2012, 10:35 PM
http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/secret-retirement-plans-does-obama-expect-to-lose/

Very quietly, Obama’s chief financier, Penny Pritzker, has entered the Hawaii housing market to buy a retirement home for the president and his family that will be available not in 2016, but in January 2013, according to a confidential source within Pritzker’s Chicago organization

Pritzker, a wealthy Chicago business executive and heiress to the Hyatt Hotels fortune, served as national finance chairman for Obama’s 2008 campaign and is the co-chairman of his 2012 effort.

The source told WND that highly confidential internal polls conducted by the Obama campaign indicate Obama cannot win re-election, despite public surveys that show him in the lead.

“The public polls are mostly political,” the source argued. “Obama radicals want Romney supporters to feel discouraged and give up. Truth is that Romney’s winning.”

The source further told WND that Pritzker is experiencing frustration in her fundraising efforts, as wealthy donors who contributed generously to Obama in 2008 are not even returning her phone calls.

Be sure to read it all the way down.

cattails
09-20-2012, 07:40 AM
BR this is more of "what to believe", but it does give hope. I'm on a wait and see plan.

Catfan73
09-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Then again, they might just expect the houses in Hawaii to cost a lot more in 3 or 4 years than they do right now.

Instead of the Western White House, this would be the really Western White House.

cattails
09-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Also interesting how his wealth has grown while in office????????????

dan_bgblue
09-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Also interesting how his wealth has grown while in office????????????

That was my first thought when I read the blurb above. Am I right in thinking the candidate can keep all the campaign donations they receive and do not spend?

Catfan73
09-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Bill Clinton made $13 million last year in speaking fees; W. Bush has raked in $15 million since leaving office.

dan_bgblue
09-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Ah, he has adopted the Lance Thomas/Duke financing plan

suncat05
09-20-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm a hopin'! :cool:

Doc
09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Bill Clinton made $13 million last year in speaking fees; W. Bush has raked in $15 million since leaving office.

The last three words are the key....SINCE LEAVING OFFICE. Ex-Presidents make huge money by giving speeches. Not sure what that has to do with a sitting president thickening his wallet.

ShoesSwayedBlue
09-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Geez guys. Obama made over 5 million in 2009 alone from his book sales. They're still selling too. Not as much as before, but at a good enough clip to make it easy to see why he's gotten wealthier while in office.

suncat05
09-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Geez guys. Obama made over 5 million in 2009 alone from his book sales. They're still selling too. Not as much as before, but at a good enough clip to make it easy to see why he's gotten wealthier while in office.

Yeah, nothing wrong with HIM being successful though, is there? But then again, we have sooooooooo many stupid people living in this country now, they'll buy ANYTHING that the "Annointed One" does, says, or writes and take it as gospel.
Guy is a hypocrit of the highest magnitude.

Doc
09-20-2012, 03:34 PM

:confused:

OK....but I'm not sure the relevance. Unlike him, I don't begrudge anybody who makes money. In fact I applaud those that do. I find that a better motivator then to punish them for being successful or blaming them for the failures of others. With that in mind, I wonder if he manages his personal finances like he does the gov't finances where he has no budget and spends far more than he takes in. I wonder if his salary went down if he would "cut back" or claim that he needed to spend more? Still, if he can afford 3 giant houses, great. If he can buy 4 giant house, more power to him....unless he does so at my expense. I strongly suspect much of his "in office" gain has been at the expense of doing what is best for the country (or as what I see is best for the country).

suncat05
09-20-2012, 03:57 PM
But that's just it Doc...........it's okay if he does alright financially, but it's not okay if you and I do. How the hell is that fair?
This guy is the biggest, phoniest, two-faced liar to ever hit D.C., and with some of the ones that preceeded him that's saying something.
Obama is as phony as the proverbial three dollar bill! Period!

ShoesSwayedBlue
09-20-2012, 05:19 PM
:confused:

OK....but I'm not sure the relevance. Unlike him, I don't begrudge anybody who makes money. In fact I applaud those that do. I find that a better motivator then to punish them for being successful or blaming them for the failures of others. With that in mind, I wonder if he manages his personal finances like he does the gov't finances where he has no budget and spends far more than he takes in. I wonder if his salary went down if he would "cut back" or claim that he needed to spend more? Still, if he can afford 3 giant houses, great. If he can buy 4 giant house, more power to him....unless he does so at my expense. I strongly suspect much of his "in office" gain has been at the expense of doing what is best for the country (or as what I see is best for the country).

Well, the relevance is that all of you were implying something sinister HAD to have happened for Obama to have gained wealth while in office when it's easy to see why he has. He hasn't had to spend basically any money on travel, food, insurance, vehicles or much of anything else [I assume that he still has to pay upkeep on any private homes he has] for four years while making 400k a year. That alone, along with any safe investments, would gain wealth. Throw in a pair of best sellers and not gaining wealth would be a story.

With that I'm out of this forum as far as posting . I read it often but never post. But I just had to on this because, frankly, it's silly to imply shenanigans HAD to be at play for him to have gained wealth when the guy has automatic money coming in and almost none going out.

Doc
09-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Well, the relevance is that all of you were implying something sinister HAD to have happened for Obama to have gained wealth while in office when it's easy to see why he has. He hasn't had to spend basically any money on travel, food, insurance, vehicles or much of anything else [I assume that he still has to pay upkeep on any private homes he has] for four years while making 400k a year. That alone, along with any safe investments, would gain wealth. Throw in a pair of best sellers and not gaining wealth would be a story.

With that I'm out of this forum as far as posting . I read it often but never post. But I just had to on this because, frankly, it's silly to imply shenanigans HAD to be at play for him to have gained wealth when the guy has automatic money coming in and almost none going out.

I didn't imply any shinanigans. I don't know how his wealth has increased, nor do I care. But if what you suggest is correct (He hasn't had to spend basically any money on travel, food, insurance, vehicles or much of anything else) that does piss me off because he has travelled, eaten, etc..on the dime of the taxpayer. No different than what congress does, no different than what other presidents have done. I'm pissed at them too for taking advantage of their positions.

And yet its Romney that is the evil rich guy who hides his money in off shore banks, has the swiss bank accounts, doesn't pay his fair share in taxes, etc...while our gov't highest official take tax free benefits out the ass

CitizenBBN
09-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Obama has made money, but it should all be in escrow, so we'll see how such a property would get bought before Jan 20 if any of it is in fact true. It would have to be bought by his supporters and IMO the chances of him using a penny of his money for it are NIL even if he has the money for it.

That's not unusual. Reagan got a very nice home in Bel Air, the Clinton's in New York, etc.

The difference is this: Reagan didn't think it was "unfair" for people to be rich. He wasn't a hypocrite to live a wealthy lifestyle.

Obama is a hypocrite of the tallest order if he chooses to live in such a place, whether this year or in 5 years. It's abundantly clear "he didn't build that" nor did any of those who will pay for it (like this person raising money for him who INHERITED it).

that's the problem with these Limousine liberals. They lament the plight of the poor and downtrodden and how they are repressed by the money grubbing capitalists while living in the lap of luxury and not having a clue what it is really like either to be poor or to have to work to carry them on your back as you try to get ahead.

That's the insult of this possibility. Not so much where the money comes from, but that Obama is happy to accept it or make it and not give it to those who he so happily gives our money to by force.

PS - all of the above stands even if he just keeps the money he's made on his book. Giving away $1 mil and keeping the other $4 doesn't work either. Give away $4.5 and keep $500K and I'll believe you really care about the poor.

jimbo4uk
09-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Why doesn't he redistribute that wealth to those who don't have any, or does that not apply to him? :p

jazyd
09-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Actually you are wrong, he is to pay for all food for his family, it is not to be an expense of the government. Only when it is a state type dinner is the government to pay. And he should have to pay for his campaign trips on the plane but of course he always has one of those dumb speech's of his lined up so we pay for that also.