PDA

View Full Version : Good article by Rupp.

DanISSELisdaman
11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
http://coachcal-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/SportsIllustrated.pdf

Darrell KSR
11-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Very enjoyable read! I loved it.

jazyd
11-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Dan, shows how intelligent and well read Adolph was. Forget the basketball for a minute and just pay attention to what he says about growing and being successful in life. He was demanding but he taught them so much about life and themselves. If you could do a research on his players I think one would be astounded at the success so many had, and I don't mean on the court. He had some bad ones, all coaches do, but his success rate was much higher. Great coach and teacher. Very much enjoyed looking into his thought process

DanISSELisdaman
11-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I agree Jazyd. After reading this article, it's easy to put to rest the foolish rumors about Rupp being a racist and caring only about winning BB games. This piece was very well written and it's easy to see that it was written by a very intelligent individual, not some self centered idiot like some think Rupp to have been

jazyd
11-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Dan, Rupp was more intelligent and a better writer of words than any sports writer out there today.

I agree Jazyd. After reading this article, it's easy to put to rest the foolish rumors about Rupp being a racist and caring only about winning BB games. This piece was very well written and it's easy to see that it was written by a very intelligent individual, not some self centered idiot like some think Rupp to have been

DanISSELisdaman
11-08-2013, 02:56 PM
You got that right brother!