PDA

View Full Version : Diary of a truly great liar

CitizenBBN
10-31-2013, 12:13 PM
2009: "No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people. If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what."

2012 (when any updates to the law were established): "If you're one of the more than 250 million Americans who already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance. This law will only make it more secure and more affordable."

Yesterday: "So if you're getting one of these letters, just shop around in the new marketplace. That's what it's for,"

This is a man who KNEW, flat knew, millions would be forced from their current insurance, b/c a core part of the law is establishing guidelines for coverage that would by definition mean lots of existing insurance policies would be illegal to offer or maintain. It was a given it would happen, he stood up and lied as sure as lying about the sun coming up in the East, and the media let him get away with it for 4 years b/c they want him in office more than they want to do their jobs.

The best part is how empathetic he is when lying, how he gets that look of passionate concern on his face, like an actor thinking about losing their parent or spouse when they have to cry in the scene but then delivering the lines with that emotion borrowed from elsewhere.

He's good at it, but the lie remains, and people are finally starting to see it. I wonder if they'll see all the others, how he had no idea what the NSA is doing despite getting two 1 hour briefings a day from NSA as President, how he had no idea what was going on in Benghazi despite live 24/7 feeds from drones to the situation room in the White House, how nothing bad that has ever happened in his administration was his fault or something he was aware was going on. Not one flipping thing.

Doc
10-31-2013, 06:39 PM
The sun does come up in the east :happy0001:

He and his minions are rolling now with those who had their policies cancelled had "crappy" or substandard policies. Note, if you can find one of those, ie your company is still offering, you CAN keep it but you also have to pay the tax/fine because it would not meet the govt standard. See the govt knows what's best for you. I see it no different than if the govt decided all cars must seat 4, have a top speed of 80, get 40 MPG and be red. Anything else is unacceptable because they decided what you need. I'm glad my insurance company will now be force to provide and I will be forced to have a policy that covers pediatric dentistry and birth control because some jackass in Washington decided it should be so.... dws.

CitizenBBN
10-31-2013, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I meant they'd tell you it doesn't. Sadly if Obama said it didn't I guarantee you, money on the table, we could run a poll and 34%+ of the population would believe he was telling the truth.

Obamacare is the next very large evolution in the Nanny state holding hands with the victim society. We're all helpless victims of others, and the government needs to step in and protect us.

Obama has also added the neat, and inevitable, twist that we'd better be freakin' grateful or we'll be in trouble. The IRS or NSA or ATF or EPA will show up if we aren't and get our thinking in line.

jazyd
10-31-2013, 08:45 PM
The guy not only lies but spins like a top. Immediately started calling those policies crappy. And people are stupid enough to believe his lies over and over.

The key word in his lies was the use of....period. That is definite, the end, no changes.