PDA

View Full Version : Bardstown Police Officer's Murder.......

suncat05
10-28-2013, 07:06 PM
I have not seen anything in the news about it lately. Has there been any new clues or evidence to come to light since it happened? Any word on where the investigation is going at this point?

blueboss
10-28-2013, 08:23 PM
It's been a couple of weeks and there were no real specifics but gang activity was again eluded to as possibly needing more scrutiny. Apparently there is a pretty rough/dangerous crew that is pretty active for such a small community.....but again nothing specific.

Sadly, IMO the case seems to be cooling with each passing day...but then again if thy're trying to infiltrate or glean info from a tight knit group of thugs it may take some time.

jazyd
10-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Hard to image heavy gang activity in that area. Answer this sun at, why can't the police do something gangs. They know they have illegal drugs and guns so why don't they break it up and put their butts in jail?

suncat05
10-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Gangs & gangs w/drugs is a huge problem, and always very complex and intricate. And they don't mind killing anyone, which makes it an even more complex prosecutorial problem.
There is a clear remedy to the problem, but we can never get the green light to take care of business.

Truthfully, I would like to see some drugs legalized and heavily taxed & regulated. It would cut down on a lot of problems with the gangs.

Catfan73
10-29-2013, 04:07 PM
The last I heard, the reward in the case was up to $135,000. Someone knows something, but they must be awfully scared to pass that up.

jazyd
10-29-2013, 05:34 PM
suncat I am going to do something I rarely do, I am going to disagree with you, I don't think it would cut down on gangs at all, they would find somethng else to peddle or they would come up with something stronger that these dope heads would just have to have. The only way to stop them is put them out of business permanently, under the grass or in prison for a long time, isolated from everyone else. Kill the tops dogs and put the rest away.

Gangs & gangs w/drugs is a huge problem, and always very complex and intricate. And they don't mind killing anyone, which makes it an even more complex prosecutorial problem.
There is a clear remedy to the problem, but we can never get the green light to take care of business.

Truthfully, I would like to see some drugs legalized and heavily taxed & regulated. It would cut down on a lot of problems with the gangs.

PedroDaGr8
11-02-2013, 12:18 AM
I have to agree with SunCat. For most of these people prison is NOT a deterrent to crime. One only has to look at Victorian England to see this. In Victorian times, your line of thinking where you get tougher and tougher on criminals resulted in PICKPOCKETING becoming a capital offense. Yes, you would be put to death for stealing someones wallet. This did NOT cut into pickpocketing people still pickpocketed and often. We incarcerate MORE people than any country in the world. WAY MORE! Yet we claim to be land of the free. We are a prison state plain and simple and what got us here? The War on Drugs. Nothing this country has done has been a bigger failure than the war on drugs. The war on drugs has stripped away more personal liberties, resulted in the militarization of the police force, created drastic increases in the prison population and has directly fed the violence of the drug cartels. Most of their money is made on marijuana, there is no denying that. You say they will find something else. Yeah maybe they will but NOTHING will replace the huge chunks of their income. Period! Human trafficking can't replace it the dollars aren't there. Same with extortion, kidnapping, etc. Without this money their size shrinks dramatically and with that their power. On a related note just look at the current meth problem we have. It used to be, not a single speed freak would touch meth because they knew how much it messes you up. Drugs like dexadrine, biphetamine, etc. were relatively easy to get a hold of, they were pure and they lacked many of the meth associated side-effects. As the FDA, under pressure from the DEA, slowly banned them. Drug use turned to the easier to make, dirty meth. This isn't to say that dex, biphetamine, etc. are good just that its another case of unintended consequences. Instead of the minor amphetamine problem it becomes a MAJOR meth problem. This doesn't even BEGIN to address the fact that some drugs are listed as having "NO medical use" in spite of their being multiple documented uses. Marijauna (huge number of uses), Ketamine (one of the most impressive treatments for suicidal depression there is, banned from use because it might be used in a club), MDMA (aka exctasy. HIGHLY effective for PTSD), hallucenogenic mushrooms (shown signs of helping people with severe chronic depression), etc. etc. etc.

To address the gang problem you have to address why these people join a gang. Otherwise when you lock one up, more will replace them. Many of these people join a gang because they come from a socioeconomic class where they have nothing worth living for. As Chris Roc said: "If you live in an old project a new jail cell ain't that bad". I say this not because these guys deserve sympathy. I say this because plain and simple locking them up DOES NOT address the problem. If anything it makes the problem worse. Just ask Watts, California. In the 90s, Watts and Compton were some of the most violent places that a person could find in the USA. The police basically took your method and cracked down hard on anyone and EVERYONE suspected of being a gangbanger. Any crime, large or small was arrested and charged, etc. Zero tolerance for anything. What happened? The gang problem did not improve in many ways it got worse. The police decided to try a different tactic, they met with the gang-leaders and actually listened to them. Out of it, they learned several things. People care more about how they are treated than about actual legal outcomes and that they respond to being treated with fairness, having rules and statues clearly explained, and to being given alternatives. They also created a task-force that keeps tabs on whats going on. Who is feuding with whom (so they can intervene before it becomes out of control), where investigations into crimes are going and what are the citizens concerns. Since that time gang violence has dropped dramatically. In the projects it has dropped by around 60% and drive-by shootings are basically non-existant anymore.

suncat05
11-03-2013, 09:44 AM
suncat I am going to do something I rarely do, I am going to disagree with you, I don't think it would cut down on gangs at all, they would find somethng else to peddle or they would come up with something stronger that these dope heads would just have to have. The only way to stop them is put them out of business permanently, under the grass or in prison for a long time, isolated from everyone else. Kill the tops dogs and put the rest away.

jazy-
We do agree in part. There is a remedy to the problem, to which I alluded, and to which you stated, and on that part we are in perfect harmony. Cut off the head and the Hydra dies.
I know you disagree on my 2nd statement, as we've had this discussion before. I think if you legalize the substance, tax the crap out of it, and just plain make it accessible for those who say they want it, that we'd be surprised as to how much money there would be in the local govenment coffers and also how few would actually be ingesting the garbage. When it is easily accessible and legal, the allure of the substance becomes much less.
JMHO. I know this is one area where we respectfully disagree.

jazyd
11-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Just can't agree on legally putting those people on the road plus add that much more money needed in health care, giving people a legal reason to get cancer, and encourage young people to fry their brains and move to heavier drugs and it will happen. It will legalize killing people. They will be allowed to use it at work, becoming less productive, and being high when they leave and hit the road

QUOTE=suncat05;120691]jazy-
We do agree in part. There is a remedy to the problem, to which I alluded, and to which you stated, and on that part we are in perfect harmony. Cut off the head and the Hydra dies.
I know you disagree on my 2nd statement, as we've had this discussion before. I think if you legalize the substance, tax the crap out of it, and just plain make it accessible for those who say they want it, that we'd be surprised as to how much money there would be in the local govenment coffers and also how few would actually be ingesting the garbage. When it is easily accessible and legal, the allure of the substance becomes much less.
JMHO. I know this is one area where we respectfully disagree.[/QUOTE]

ETWNAPPEL
11-07-2013, 10:22 AM
I still believe this was an inside job. With each passing day that belief is strengthened. If it were the gang, they would have sovled it by now. Blaming the gang is a ruse.

suncat05
11-11-2013, 12:37 PM
If it was somebody on the inside, then there is a much larger problem that needs to be identified and dealt with........in the harshest way possible.
Sometimes, it is hard to do the right thing, but in the end it will always end in the best results possible. But when someone willingly chooses to go astray, and stays on that path, then they deserve no sympathy and no mercy when their indiscretions in the night come out into the light of day. No mercy and no sympathy!
And there we have that word again........ CHOICES. Life is full of choices. But when you choose the dark side, you have to deal with the consequences of your actions when it is time to pay your "Dark Master" the dues you owe him. And again, from me there will be no sympathy, and no mercy.

blueboss
11-11-2013, 09:09 PM
If this is an inside job there should be some glaring motive signals, which are usually comprised of a woman, or money/power. KSP would be all over it, they are no slouches in the investigative department.

ETWNAPPEL
11-14-2013, 02:49 PM
If this is an inside job there should be some glaring motive signals, which are usually comprised of a woman, or money/power. KSP would be all over it, they are no slouches in the investigative department.

Exactly. If it was an inside job, lots of I's to dot and T's to cross before coming forward. If it was the gang, KSP would have already wrapped it up.

TRUCKERCATFAN
12-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Exactly. If it was an inside job, lots of I's to dot and T's to cross before coming forward. If it was the gang, KSP would have already wrapped it up.

You are 100% right on about the KSP. They have done an amazing job in the investigation of my uncle's murder in Casey County last year. Latest evidence includes a DNA match with the accused shooter and a cigarette butt found near my uncle's body. I just keep praying that justice is served.

Jeeepcat
12-11-2013, 09:00 PM
IMO, if they ever catch the POS it will ONLY be after some other POS rolls over in a plea deal.

suncat05
12-12-2013, 10:20 AM
And many times that is exactly how the crime gets solved.........somebody gets pinched for something they actually did wrong, and they have knowledge of a crime that hasn't been solved, and they started negotiating a deal.
Business as usual in the criminal justice system.

CitizenBBN
01-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Interesting. Still no leads, but KSP has apparently looked at this crazy road rage shooting in PA for possible connections. May be grasping at straws, but looks like they are looking at any other crimes they could connect to help triangulate on suspects.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/09/ky-police-eye-possible-link-between-highway-cop-killing-pa-road-rage-case/

ETWNAPPEL
03-22-2014, 05:10 PM
http://www.lex18.com/news/former-bardstown-police-officer-indicted-on-drug-charges/

Said from the beginning that I thought the murder was an inside job.

- shotgun was used
- someone knew his schedule
- too well executed, nobody talked

Authorities are saying there is no link to this arrest and the murder, but I'm skeptical. Many reasons for them to say that even if untrue.

dan_bgblue
03-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Thank you very much for the information and the link. Innocent until proven guilty, but I think the KSP has a legitimate reason to investigate further

jazyd
03-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Need to water board him. Look at his picture and you just shake your head, greed. Hope he fries

suncat05
03-24-2014, 10:46 AM
He'll rat somebody out if he's involved. Either way, if he's been caught doing this he's been doing other illicit stuff too. No sympathy, no mercy. Period. He betrayed public, and personal trust if he did this.
Money, and greed, makes some people do stupid stuff. I've seen it too many times to count in my career. Losing my freedom over money is not how I intend to go out. And I'm not losing my retirement, as poor as it's going to be, over drug stupidity or worse, murder.
If he is involved and did this, he should be shown zero mercy. Zero.

Darrell KSR
03-24-2014, 11:03 AM
That's a pretty strong coincidence if there's no connection. I would not be surprised at all.

Very sad situation.