PDA

View Full Version : Looking back...

BigRed
10-11-2013, 08:23 AM
I know all of us are hoping that this year is a stark difference from last year, but I did some digging to remind myself exactly where we were last year. Preseason we were 3rd in both polls...by the 5th week, we were gone from the AP dropping from 8th to un-ranked. We held on to the coaches poll lurking in the high teens, but then fell from there by week 9. Hopefully a year will make a huge difference. I'm getting really excited about this year, but I hope at these same landmarks we are really making people talk about how great this years team can be.

dan_bgblue
10-11-2013, 02:10 PM
I think UK fans will enjoy this season, from start to finish, a whole lot more than they did the previous one. I an honestly say that 2012-2013 was a season lacking in fun. Loved watching Noel do his thing, WCS emerge as a legit player, and watching the walk on Polson have a career year in one game, but the rest was blech!

Darrell KSR
10-11-2013, 04:14 PM
I know all of us are hoping that this year is a stark difference from last year, but I did some digging to remind myself exactly where we were last year. Preseason we were 3rd in both polls...by the 5th week, we were gone from the AP dropping from 8th to un-ranked. We held on to the coaches poll lurking in the high teens, but then fell from there by week 9. Hopefully a year will make a huge difference. I'm getting really excited about this year, but I hope at these same landmarks we are really making people talk about how great this years team can be.

That's an excellent point. I know I was optimistic about the year last year, and no way, no how, saw us losing a first round NIT game as the culmination of the season at this point last year. Caution is always a good idea.