PDA

View Full Version : Great Editorial in cChicago Tribune

jazyd
10-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Editorial today in Tribune on debt fight surprisingly picks on both sides and is dead on. Someone can link it for me

dan_bgblue
10-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Are either of these it?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-care-1001-jm-20131001,0,6970849.story

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-debt-20130929,0,2884813.story

jazyd
10-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Thanks Dan, second one is the one I read

Are either of these it?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-care-1001-jm-20131001,0,6970849.story

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-debt-20130929,0,2884813.story

UKHistory
10-01-2013, 12:52 PM
There is a lot of blame on both sides to go around. Deferring the fines on big business but not the individual is an inconsistency that gives one pause about the law. It is a valid question why not delay all aspects of there is enough concern to give big business a pass.

Obstructionism for the sake obstructionism, which Mitch McConnell called for a few years ago, is not good governing.

Sequestration is the epitomy of a complete and total abdication of governing. Congress is elected to determine how much of the People's money is spent and on what through appropriation bills. By delegating down to the agency level mandatory cuts without regard to the value of the program, it is a demonstration of cowardice and simply pass the buck.

Obama for his part has no sense of how the House or the Senate works. His inexperience is painful at times. He has grossly limited skills in communicating. Getting rid of earmarks while maybe sounding noble has effectively removed the grease the allowed the wheels to turn.

Neither side cares about Federal employees and honestly none care about maintaining the middle class. If government cared about that at all, we would have more strictly enforced immigration that did not allow illegal aliens to artificially keep crappy job prices low 30 years ago. But everybody in Congress had some little nanny named Juanita and some nice gardner they called Peppe.

Congress was smart in authorizing payment to troops. In a crisis you pay and feed the guys who drive the tanks. When stuff hits the fan, it is the army that may institute a dictatorship that will "save" America from itself.

Very angry and ashamed of my government. Very angry and ashamed of how the people have exercised our right of who we have elected to represent us across the board.

Bad times my friends. Bad times. Thank the good Lord for the Cats.

Catonahottinroof
10-01-2013, 01:09 PM
There is a lot of blame on both sides to go around. Deferring the fines on big business but not the individual is an inconsistency that gives one pause about the law. It is a valid question why not delay all aspects of there is enough concern to give big business a pass.

Very angry and ashamed of my government. Very angry and ashamed of how the people have exercised our right of who we have elected to represent us across the board.

My feelings as well. Obama is playing ideoloque, McConnell, Cruz, Boehner and others are playing obstructionists and all sides look like children on the playground while the media passively has it's thumb inserted in its anus.
Like it or not, ACA is the law. Let it fall on its face as the GAO and CBO have already went on record to say the spending to support it cannot be sustained over the long haul.

jazyd
10-01-2013, 01:17 PM
History, very well lput my friend. And right now the Good Lord is the only one who I can believe in to straighten this mess out. But we have to turn back to Him as a country and ask for the way.
It is obvious we do not have leaders or 'statesmen' any longer in DC. It is all about greed and power. If you have it I want it, and if I have it, I will do everything to keep it including lie, cheat and steal

Obstructionism for the sake obstructionism, which Mitch McConnell called for a few years ago, is not good governing.

Sequestration is the epitomy of a complete and total abdication of governing. Congress is elected to determine how much of the People's money is spent and on what through appropriation bills. By delegating down to the agency level mandatory cuts without regard to the value of the program, it is a demonstration of cowardice and simply pass the buck.

Obama for his part has no sense of how the House or the Senate works. His inexperience is painful at times. He has grossly limited skills in communicating. Getting rid of earmarks while maybe sounding noble has effectively removed the grease the allowed the wheels to turn.

Neither side cares about Federal employees and honestly none care about maintaining the middle class. If government cared about that at all, we would have more strictly enforced immigration that did not allow illegal aliens to artificially keep crappy job prices low 30 years ago. But everybody in Congress had some little nanny named Juanita and some nice gardner they called Peppe.

Congress was smart in authorizing payment to troops. In a crisis you pay and feed the guys who drive the tanks. When stuff hits the fan, it is the army that may institute a dictatorship that will "save" America from itself.

DanISSELisdaman
10-01-2013, 03:43 PM
History, very well lput my friend. And right now the Good Lord is the only one who I can believe in to straighten this mess out. But we have to turn back to Him as a country and ask for the way.
It is obvious we do not have leaders or 'statesmen' any longer in DC. It is all about greed and power. If you have it I want it, and if I have it, I will do everything to keep it including lie, cheat and steal
I agree 100% Jazyd!