PDA

View Full Version : Parrish: "No Gap Between Harrison Twins? If So, Good Luck Rest Of Nation"

Darryl
09-25-2013, 01:17 PM
By mid-season Aaron Harrison will be the #1 shooting guard in the nation:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/23840799/the-gap-between-andrew-harrison-and-aaron-harrison-might-not-exist

Darryl

Padukacat
09-25-2013, 01:57 PM
I seriously doubt there is much of a difference, the difference comes in the lack of pure point guards at andrews positions as well as his size advantage there. Andrew does seem to be a bit more adept at passing, but then again Aaron is probably the better shooter of the two. It just takes alot to be considered an elite SG in my opinion.

Crazy4Blue
09-25-2013, 02:35 PM
POY last year in Texas.

blueboss
09-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Maybe in hair-dos...

cattails
09-25-2013, 07:40 PM
I seriously doubt there is much of a difference, the difference comes in the lack of pure point guards at andrews positions as well as his size advantage there. Andrew does seem to be a bit more adept at passing, but then again Aaron is probably the better shooter of the two. It just takes alot to be considered an elite SG in my opinion.

I think it will take some time but soon enough people will see there is very, very little difference in the twins. Either can play the point and either can play SG as well as SF. Andrew looks like the better PG because that is where he plays, trust me Aaron will not miss a beat at the PG position, there is no learning curve, both these kids will be NBA PGs and well above average. Polson will not be the back up and neither will Hawkins, they will play when needed, but in the rotation the twins will both play the point.

Bakert
09-25-2013, 09:43 PM
In what year has there been a huge talent gap between the #1 PG and #1 SG in the country? Why would anyone expect that to be the case in this class? It never crossed my mind that there would be a huge gap between them and I sure don't need a hack like Gary Parrish to tell me there won't be. I trust the people here a lot more than that clown.

Doc
09-26-2013, 10:30 AM

bolded portion is correct. Plus PG is the hardest position to fill IMO. Lots of 6-5 shooting guards in every class but quality PG's are much rarer. Add that 6-5 PG's are even harder to come by.

Edward100
09-26-2013, 01:40 PM
I'll take what we have and the rest can have the rest.

Padukacat
09-26-2013, 01:55 PM
I honestly think it would be in Aarons best interest if he doesnt have a big year or a high draft prospect, to come back and play the point next year. I bet Cal runs him at PG a lot though, and i bet he gets touted and drafted as a PG in the league, that would be my play if i were he and Cal.