PDA

View Full Version : Mallard Fillmore cartoon

jazyd
09-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Today

In other news the AD campaign for obamacare will cost you and me $700 million to advertise something we are forces to do anyway, that we are already paying for

Guess that's one ad agency that won't have to burn the midnight oil...

I think he pretty much summed it up

kritikalcat
09-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Maybe it's the market, but I've seen very little advertising for Obamacare and a ton of anti-Obamacare advertising (it could also be that I mostly only watch TV when I'm with mom and dad and they are always something on Fox like O'Reilly, Hannity, etc. LOL) I believe that nationally the ratio is 3-1 anti vs. pro in advertising.

Doc
09-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Maybe it's the market, but I've seen very little advertising for Obamacare and a ton of anti-Obamacare advertising (it could also be that I mostly only watch TV when I'm with mom and dad and they are always something on Fox like O'Reilly, Hannity, etc. LOL) I believe that nationally the ratio is 3-1 anti vs. pro in advertising.

Your tax money isn't paying for those anti-Obama care commercials. Your tax money is going for the pro-Obama care ones. If the ratio is 3:1 or 50:1 I don't care. I only care about the 1 because it's tax dollars, not private ones like the anti commercials. I don't care what you or anybody else does with their own money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

jazyd
09-28-2013, 09:13 AM
This is the difference so many don't understand, it is more wasting of valuable tax dollars. As the cartoon said, it is $790 million tax dollars advertising something we are forces to have using more tax dollars to implamant.

I always get mad when I hear the phrase..well it is only a drop in the bucket such as an article from USA paper that obamacare is only 3.3% of the budget. Well you put enough drops in a bucket, it will overflow

Your tax money isn't paying for those anti-Obama care commercials. Your tax money is going for the pro-Obama care ones. If the ratio is 3:1 or 50:1 I don't care. I only care about the 1 because it's tax dollars, not private ones like the anti commercials. I don't care what you or anybody else does with their own money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

DanISSELisdaman
09-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Absolutely and our bucket is full without this extra crap.

CitizenBBN
09-28-2013, 12:26 PM
A billion here and a billion there and pretty soon you're talking about real money. :)

How many American tax payers could have gotten their taxes back for that $700 million and how much more good would it have done in their hands in the economy to grow businesses and create jobs?

kritikalcat
09-28-2013, 01:07 PM
LOL all fair points. Of course there is a difference. I was more so just commenting that I'm seeing almost no pro advertising.

I don't have a problem with some tax dollars being spent on purely educational advertising (just the basics) - but not public money on promoting the Act.

i.e. some money to teach people how to locate a local health insurance exchange, sure. money on ads saying how great Obamacare is - no (unless privately funded)

jazyd
09-28-2013, 01:22 PM
The military bases could have had fireworks on 4th of July, the two pilots just returned and buried at Arlington could have had an official fly over vs retired pilots doing it out of their own pocket to the tune of $24,000 and the list goes on and on

A billion here and a billion there and pretty soon you're talking about real money. :)

How many American tax payers could have gotten their taxes back for that $700 million and how much more good would it have done in their hands in the economy to grow businesses and create jobs?