PDA

View Full Version : Confused

jazyd
09-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Unless I am mistaken, the House voted along party lines to defund obamacare by republicans. Again unless I am mistaken, peter king is a congressman from NY and a member of that very House. So explain to me why he was ripping Cruz for supporting what he House did.

Of course I already know the answer, he isn't what he pretends to be.

My trust and respect of our government " leaders" diminishes greatly each day. These so called republicans have shown this week they are no different than liberal democrats and didnt want anyone upsetting their little castle

Doc
09-29-2013, 05:00 PM
I find this whole thing ironic, funny, stupid and poorly planned.

The Senate hasn't passed a budget in how many years? The house repeatedly passed a budget and sent it to the house who repeatedly refused to pass it for the last four years. And it wasn't just they failed to pass it, they didn't even bring it to a vote simply because Harry Reid didn't want to deal with the budget cuts that needed to be addressed. And now the Democrats are putting out the republicans want to shut down the gov't. Harry et al haven't done one aspect of their job in four years.

This gov't closing is a results of the sequestration which was a democratic proposal signed by Obama. Its the reason the gov't will shut down.

Liberals pushed thru Obama care by use of tactics like the Cornhusker Kickback and other political favors, passing it in the middle of the night without even having read it so there really are not any tactics beneath them, some would claim illegal tactics, yet for some reason the GOP using the power of defunding that is given to them by the Constitution as holding the country hostage or engaging in terrorism, etc...

and yet instead of using the bill to the benefit, the GOP has yet to see the forest for the trees. Let the damn thing go, let the people see how terrible it is NOW, before the next election. Then work to take control of the house and congress, and eventually the White House. Then and only then will this turd be flushed.

CitizenBBN
09-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Exactly Doc. Let 10 or 20 million voter's insurance get canceled b/c the plans aren't compliant and then people will finally see what the problems are with it and support real change. Right now while I agree with their position they won't have the political clout to see it through. The media will be able to easily put all the blame on the GOP under the veil of everyone "not working together", and people will never look closely enough to realize that it applies equally to both sides at worst.

Let it go through and make the stand on something the people do "get" and will support: not raising the debt ceiling by a penny. They get that, it's more straightforward and harder for the media to twist.

dan_bgblue
09-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Whenever they were faced with long odds, the French always retreated to fight another day.

CattyWampus
09-30-2013, 12:58 PM
The Dems are counting on ObamaCare failing. Once they put all of the health insurance companies out of business, the Dems will swoop in on their white horses and rescue the people. This "rescue" is called "Single Payer". That's been the plan all along. That's why the Dems were perfectly happy to pass a bill they hadn't read.

KeithKSR
10-03-2013, 01:59 PM
I find this whole thing ironic, funny, stupid and poorly planned.

The Senate hasn't passed a budget in how many years? The house repeatedly passed a budget and sent it to the house who repeatedly refused to pass it for the last four years. And it wasn't just they failed to pass it, they didn't even bring it to a vote simply because Harry Reid didn't want to deal with the budget cuts that needed to be addressed. And now the Democrats are putting out the republicans want to shut down the gov't. Harry et al haven't done one aspect of their job in four years.

This gov't closing is a results of the sequestration which was a democratic proposal signed by Obama. Its the reason the gov't will shut down.

Liberals pushed thru Obama care by use of tactics like the Cornhusker Kickback and other political favors, passing it in the middle of the night without even having read it so there really are not any tactics beneath them, some would claim illegal tactics, yet for some reason the GOP using the power of defunding that is given to them by the Constitution as holding the country hostage or engaging in terrorism, etc...

and yet instead of using the bill to the benefit, the GOP has yet to see the forest for the trees. Let the damn thing go, let the people see how terrible it is NOW, before the next election. Then work to take control of the house and congress, and eventually the White House. Then and only then will this turd be flushed.

Why let it go any time soon? There is no incentive to do so when those in the House were elected to get rid of Obamacare, the liberals refuse to change it (even though Obama has illegally and unconstitutionally changed it at will), the current movement makes every single Dem senator own Obamacare and continue to go on record as supporting Obamacare. The system is doomed to quick failure, and when the midterms roll around and the Dem senators in red states have to own Obamacare based upon their voting record they will go down to defeat.

How does the government shutdown impact the public? It has little impact on the average voter, whereas the economy, Obamacare and other major issues have a huge impact on the voters.

My health insurance has spiked dramatically, and even worse if I wished to get insurance through the exchange for family members I would not be eligible for the advertised subsidies no matter how little or how much I make, because I can purchase insurance for them through my employer.

Chuck, keep in mind that Reid wants the continuing resolution and the debt ceiling tied in together and don't want to budge on any of it, or to use reconciliation to reach a compromise.

One thing that gets me is that the Dem talking point is Obama won the election, an election we have found was run by targeting conservative fund raising groups using the IRS. The Dems seem to think that was a mandate on Obamacare. The real mandate on Obamacare came in the House of Representatives where Pelosi strong armed the Dems from more conservative states to pass a bill they did not want. As a result the Dems lost the House.

Reid has not allowed the Senate to pass the budget in more than five years. The House passed a budget months ago, and the CR bills would be rendered unnecessary were it not for Reid.

Doc
10-04-2013, 01:44 PM
The only way Obama care is going to be altered or repealed is when there is a Republican majority in both houses, or a coalition of GOP and bluedog democrats to form a majority AND a Republican President. You're fooling yourself if you think other wise. An implementation and failure of the ACA will do far more to make that happen than a congressional stalement. The shutdown isn't going to affect the average citizen but from a PR point, its not the fight they want. It is the implementation that the GOP should want because its going to hurt the economy and cost jobs and lead to voter dissatisfaction. Its because of that happening that folks will vote for republicans if the GOP hammers that message. Thats how you change or repeal the law. You have to have a majority. The GOP doesn't have that. Those elected have made their point and the voters know where they stand. IMO the republicans should save this fight for the debt limit where they have a much stronger footing and were losing the battle does not help them.