PDA

View Full Version : Coach Cal's 1st Official Practice Report..Read And Enjoy

Darryl
09-23-2013, 07:43 PM
link:

http://www.coachcal.com/23727/2013/09/practice-report-lee-shows-athletic-ability/

Darryl

CitizenBBN
09-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Good writeup.

UK could make a lot of money running a subscription for pay per view for practices. lol.

dan_bgblue
09-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Ton of info there

dan_bgblue
09-23-2013, 08:10 PM
CBBN they will have to disband the NCAA first, but your point is well taken and accurate

Padukacat
09-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Mmmmmmm. That was tasty! I love this stuff!

Darrell KSR
09-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Very good.

Sent using Forum Runner

ukpumacat
09-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Awesome link. Hawkins sounds like he will get minutes as a few of us suggested (which is great for this team). Not sure how the writer had no idea James Young could be a lock-down defender. I have only seen him play a handful of times and have been saying that since my first glimpse at him. He is long, quick, and more than anything enjoys it. He will be our go-to guy when we play against a stud...yet another thing last years team just didn't have.

Katexas
09-23-2013, 09:01 PM
I am sure this has been answered on here before and I missed it, but what is AP's injury? I know one of the earlier reports (maybe Greenberg) also noted that he was sitting out due to injury.

Krank
09-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Wow, that is the best write up of this year's team that I have seen BY FAR because the info is very detailed, not reduced to cliche comparisons, and devoid of wild opinions. Truly an excellent report.

Thanks a TON Darryl and thanks to Eric Lindsey, well chosen to do these reports, I believe.

ShoesSwayedBlue
09-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Like a cup of cool clear water after a trek through the Sahara. So sweet but you're still thirsting for more.

Krank
09-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Like a cup of cool clear water after a trek through the Sahara. So sweet but you're still thirsting for more.

LOL, and Eric says he is bringing that extra cup of H2O tomorrow!

blueboss
09-23-2013, 09:49 PM
After this write up I'm flat out giddy!!!

BarristerCat
09-23-2013, 10:36 PM
I am sure this has been answered on here before and I missed it, but what is AP's injury? I know one of the earlier reports (maybe Greenberg) also noted that he was sitting out due to injury.

AFAIK, no one (either from UK or the media) has ever been specific about the injury. All I've seen is that it is a minor injury and they expect him back any day.

Krank
09-23-2013, 11:08 PM
AFAIK, no one (either from UK or the media) has ever been specific about the injury. All I've seen is that it is a minor injury and they expect him back any day.

That's more detail than I've seen about a question asked at least three times since this afternoon on this forum, so thanky kindly, BC.

ukpumacat
09-23-2013, 11:13 PM
One more note, I love how he emphasized the importance of the early practices. We have talked about that on here a bit, but probably not as much as it deserves. Its a huge advantage for our young team. Everyone keeps saying they can't wait until BBM (and I can't either), but its our game against Michigan State that I can't wait for. It will be a war, but our guys will bring their big boy pants. They better as well.

BarristerCat
09-23-2013, 11:18 PM
That's more detail than I've seen about a question asked at least three times since this afternoon on this forum, so thanky kindly, BC.

No problem. Don't take that to the bank, though. That's just what I've gleaned between Lindsey's report and various tweets and such. Lindsey is at least the second person I've seen report something to the effect that he will be back soon. The other used the "back any day" language, but I can't remember which reporter it was.

I kind of look for him to come back when full practice opens on Friday. It sounds as though the stuff they're doing right now would be old hat to him, anyway. No doubt they'd rather have him out there right now, but if he's dinged up it probably makes more sense just to hold him out and let him heal until they're able to start real practices.

anderwt
09-24-2013, 09:47 AM
One more note, I love how he emphasized the importance of the early practices. We have talked about that on here a bit, but probably not as much as it deserves. Its a huge advantage for our young team. Everyone keeps saying they can't wait until BBM (and I can't either), but its our game against Michigan State that I can't wait for. It will be a war, but our guys will bring their big boy pants. They better as well.

I can't wait to see the blue-white game...To me it gives you a sense of where our team is at and the role each guy will have right off the bat.

dan_bgblue
09-24-2013, 09:56 AM
I can't wait to see the blue-white game...To me it gives you a sense of where our team is at and the role each guy will have right off the bat.

I wish they would move the scrimmage back to Saturday afternoon and hold it at Memorial like it used to be. I completely agree it is a great gauge on where the team is and how the roster should look on game one.

UKHistory
09-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Great point about the extra practice time. Just like our trip to Canada in August gave us some extra time. The new rules are a big help to us.