PDA

View Full Version : Can Kentucky voters send McConnell a message?

badrose
09-24-2013, 08:28 AM
EXCLUSIVE–SOURCE: MCCONNELL, CORNYN WHIPPING VOTES AGAINST TED CRUZ

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/23/Exclusive-McConnell-Cornyn-whipping-votes-against-Ted-Cruz

dan_bgblue
09-24-2013, 10:21 AM
I did

jazyd
09-24-2013, 01:02 PM
There is such a thing as negotiating in private. I don't want that liberal Obama loving lady to be elected, it would be a wasted seat in the senate and ruin a chance to take over the senate but McConnell is such a arrogant, you know what, money grabbing you know what, he needs a lesson, if he gets re-elected, he needs to lose his leadership.

Do you realize how terrible the entire leadership of the house and senate are right now, on both sides? Washington and Jefferson have tears right now.

CitizenBBN
09-24-2013, 08:11 PM
jazy it's a tough choice. We CANNOT afford to put Lundy's daugher in there. It's a vote for Obama on every issue, she'll vote the party line b/c she's a product of the state Democratic Party and deeply entrenched. Lundy is corrupt as all hell, and deeply political. Her chief advisor is Paul Patton, they're tight with the unions, just straight down the line party politicos. She's the complete opposite of an outsider, she was literally born to the inside circle.

Yet at the same time we have Mitch, who is not 100% a failure but is definitely part of the problem of entrenched Washington GOP politics. This gun running against Mitch in the primary cannot win the general election, it would hand the Democratic Party that seat and would be used in just as purely political a way as it is with Mitch for the GOP.

We're left with an epic "lesser of two evils" election. I'll hold my nose and support Mitch b/c it's the best choice. My 2nd option is to vote against him in the primary and hope this guy can win the seat back, but he doesn't impress me as being "the guy" to come in like Paul or Cruz and pull off the win.

Ideally he'd win re-election then lose the position as Leader. Would be nice. IF I had the money support from somewhere I'd run against him just to keep from being in this position.

jazyd
09-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Amen citizen. I have the same problem with our two senators in Ms. I hold my nose each election.

QUOTE=CitizenBBN;111249]jazy it's a tough choice. We CANNOT afford to put Lundy's daugher in there. It's a vote for Obama on every issue, she'll vote the party line b/c she's a product of the state Democratic Party and deeply entrenched. Lundy is corrupt as all hell, and deeply political. Her chief advisor is Paul Patton, they're tight with the unions, just straight down the line party politicos. She's the complete opposite of an outsider, she was literally born to the inside circle.

Yet at the same time we have Mitch, who is not 100% a failure but is definitely part of the problem of entrenched Washington GOP politics. This gun running against Mitch in the primary cannot win the general election, it would hand the Democratic Party that seat and would be used in just as purely political a way as it is with Mitch for the GOP.

We're left with an epic "lesser of two evils" election. I'll hold my nose and support Mitch b/c it's the best choice. My 2nd option is to vote against him in the primary and hope this guy can win the seat back, but he doesn't impress me as being "the guy" to come in like Paul or Cruz and pull off the win.

Ideally he'd win re-election then lose the position as Leader. Would be nice. IF I had the money support from somewhere I'd run against him just to keep from being in this position.[/QUOTE]

badrose
09-25-2013, 08:04 AM
I was thinking something in the form of a letter, petition, or phone call.

suncat05
09-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Here in Florida we have a Republican, Marco Rubio, whom I really, really like, and then we have a Democrat, Obama's "do - boy" Bill Nelson, whom I despise with every ounce of my being.

I did not like the ultimate solution that Rubio and others(some of whom I firmly believe took him to school over)with regard to the immigration reform issue, but I also realize that 1)he is a politician, and as such he will at some times have to align himself with characters that he would ordinarily not otherwise deal with, and 2)at times these people in Congress will do things we don't like or want them to do so that at a later time they have something they can use to their or our benefit when it is most needed. I totally get that.
Ultimately, I do like Rubio. And I think someday, barring any serious scandal or catastrophe that he could very well be the President of the United States.
JMHO. Yours may differ.

badrose
09-25-2013, 08:34 AM
suncat, I tend to agree with you. Ten years ago it would've been easier to let the immigration thing slide. But we're at a tipping point in this country that could change America for the worse and forever. My opinion of Latinos is that they're hardworking people by nature but would become a part of the already huge drain on America's resources if Obama gets half a chance via socialized medicine, welfare, etc., an addition to an already oversized voting block for the liberals. A carte blanche for overturning the Constitution.

Doc
09-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Here in Florida we have a Republican, Marco Rubio, whom I really, really like, and then we have a Democrat, Obama's "do - boy" Bill Nelson, whom I despise with every ounce of my being.

I did not like the ultimate solution that Rubio and others(some of whom I firmly believe took him to school over)with regard to the immigration reform issue, but I also realize that 1)he is a politician, and as such he will at some times have to align himself with characters that he would ordinarily not otherwise deal with, and 2)at times these people in Congress will do things we don't like or want them to do so that at a later time they have something they can use to their or our benefit when it is most needed. I totally get that.
Ultimately, I do like Rubio. And I think someday, barring any serious scandal or catastrophe that he could very well be the President of the United States.
JMHO. Yours may differ.

Dang, I was going to write the same thing.

I didn't have the immigration issue that others did. I agree with most of his leanings but not all. Not unusual for me but on the big issue, we agree. I like Rubio a lot and understand his immigration position... and have elected to overlook it.

CitizenBBN
09-25-2013, 11:26 AM
suncat, I tend to agree with you. Ten years ago it would've been easier to let the immigration thing slide. But we're at a tipping point in this country that could change America for the worse and forever. My opinion of Latinos is that they're hardworking people by nature but would become a part of the already huge drain on America's resources if Obama gets half a chance via socialized medicine, welfare, etc., an addition to an already oversized voting block for the liberals. A carte blanche for overturning the Constitution.

The vast majority of Latinos coming to the US are hard working, good people looking for a better life like our own forefathers. And like that time some who came were bad people who were lazy or criminals.

The problem is that in the modern setting people like Obama will do everything in their power, well intentioned or not, to turn these new arrivals into lazy, victim society dependents of the government. Unlike the poor Irish or southern Europeans or Asians who came during that time and worked their way up, Obama-esque Leftism will try to make them a permanent underclass living on food stamps and free cell phones.

I would be willing to grant a path to citizenship to every illegal in the US, IF on the other side we build a wall and get control of the border. As part of building that wall we need to expand the legal options for people to immigrate to this country, specifically by letting us cherry pick the people we want coming here. Right now we have an open border that lets drug cartels in but we send back college graduates as soon as they get their degrees and are ready to contribute to our nation and the economy. Huh?

Close the border, expand legal immigration esp. for those getting an education in the US, offer a path to citizenship to those who are here and trying to contribute, and take every illegal who has committed a crime and deport them as part of that process.

It's a pretty simple solution that is fair to everyone IMO, and would have broad support, but the two entrenched sides aren't willing to give up. the hardcore pro-immigration side doesn't even seem to want to deport criminals (proof being in Obama's policies re ICE enforcement now, their own union is filing compliants about not being able to deport criminals), and the anti-immigration side has been against a path to citizenship, though I see them as far more willing to compromise in this case. I think they'd go for that deal, I haven't seen any give from the left on the issue of getting control of the border.

kingcat
09-26-2013, 11:52 PM
MM does not respect nor represent me. I asked for help (Someone in his office) relating to my Father's mortgage company and a loan modification swindel he endured (IndyMac, now OneWest) and the senator ..**cough**.. refused the "Kentucky Senior" he supposedly cares about.

In honesty I was told he doesn't get involved in such matters

The federal government is working on it now however.

jazyd
09-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Give them the option of 15-18 to a house or paid gov housing, free food, free phone, free minutes, free after schoo care, free medical, free everything, how long before they become another blight on the landscape

QUOTE=badrose;111342]suncat, I tend to agree with you. Ten years ago it would've been easier to let the immigration thing slide. But we're at a tipping point in this country that could change America for the worse and forever. My opinion of Latinos is that they're hardworking people by nature but would become a part of the already huge drain on America's resources if Obama gets half a chance via socialized medicine, welfare, etc., an addition to an already oversized voting block for the liberals. A carte blanche for overturning the Constitution.[/QUOTE]

suncat05
09-27-2013, 12:19 PM
This is one of the few things that President Reagan got wrong during his time in office. The amnesty granted then has allowed this to balloon into the major problem it is now.
This is a problem that in the end the solution for will not please anyone, but that's where we find this. But since neither side is willing to compromise on even the smallest of details, it will continue to be the problem it is. There is no solution that is going to please everybody on this one, but at least they could make some type of sincere attempt to do so. But that would require adult concessions/negotiations, and we are dealing with Congress, so we all know how this is going to turn out.
The other big thing that President Reagan got wrong was bailing out Chrysler. They should have folded and went the way of the dinosaurs, as far as I'm concerned. It would have crippled the union hold on Congress and allowed for better auto maker competition, even if it came from the Japanese, Germans, and Koreans. Those three make better vehicles anyway, so losing an American auto maker like Chrysler would probably have been a major wake up call to GM & Ford. Again, just my humble opinion.
And I still have lots of premium grade rope! :4chsmu1:

jazyd
09-27-2013, 12:53 PM
brother, they have all made the immigration mistake because they all look at them as voters.

This is one of the few things that President Reagan got wrong during his time in office. The amnesty granted then has allowed this to balloon into the major problem it is now.
This is a problem that in the end the solution for will not please anyone, but that's where we find this. But since neither side is willing to compromise on even the smallest of details, it will continue to be the problem it is. There is no solution that is going to please everybody on this one, but at least they could make some type of sincere attempt to do so. But that would require adult concessions/negotiations, and we are dealing with Congress, so we all know how this is going to turn out.
The other big thing that President Reagan got wrong was bailing out Chrysler. They should have folded and went the way of the dinosaurs, as far as I'm concerned. It would have crippled the union hold on Congress and allowed for better auto maker competition, even if it came from the Japanese, Germans, and Koreans. Those three make better vehicles anyway, so losing an American auto maker like Chrysler would probably have been a major wake up call to GM & Ford. Again, just my humble opinion.
And I still have lots of premium grade rope! :4chsmu1:

dan_bgblue
09-27-2013, 02:44 PM
He did not listen to me, or if he did he ignored my sage advice (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/27/senate-advances-controversial-obamacare-budget-bill/)

CitizenBBN
09-27-2013, 03:06 PM
My sage advice is to let Obamacare happen, let it blow up, and then hang it around the Democrats' necks in 2014 and 2016. The reason is simple: flailing about to stop it is very unlikely to succeed, better in the long run to let people see what massive government management of health care REALLY does to them, so we can come back and get rid of even more of it than we can do right now. When people find out about the lies of keeping your existing insurance and how it will all be rainbows and unicorns we will have the political support to come back and really do something about it.

Right now the Senate simply doesn't have the votes and there isn't enough public support to filibuster the overall budget indefinitely and shut down the government over it. You have to pick when to use your chips and for what.

Cruz and the Tea Party needed to let Obamacare slide completely and gear up for the battle on the debt ceiling b/c that's an area where there is broad public support and you could probably pull off a stand on the issue with a filibuster, even if the government shuts down over it.

Doc
09-27-2013, 03:11 PM
My sage advice is to let Obamacare happen, let it blow up, and then hang it around the Democrats' necks in 2014 and 2016. The reason is simple: flailing about to stop it is very unlikely to succeed, better in the long run to let people see what massive government management of health care REALLY does to them, so we can come back and get rid of even more of it than we can do right now. When people find out about the lies of keeping your existing insurance and how it will all be rainbows and unicorns we will have the political support to come back and really do something about it.

Right now the Senate simply doesn't have the votes and there isn't enough public support to filibuster the overall budget indefinitely and shut down the government over it. You have to pick when to use your chips and for what.

Cruz and the Tea Party needed to let Obamacare slide completely and gear up for the battle on the debt ceiling b/c that's an area where there is broad public support and you could probably pull off a stand on the issue with a filibuster, even if the government shuts down over it.

I've been claiming from the get go that the GOP should just let the bill play out and be a failure. What they should be focused is getting rid of ALL the exemptions including congressional ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

suncat05
09-29-2013, 07:47 AM
Look, Prohibition was repealed, although it took awhile to do it. I am of the same opinion as CBBN & Doc.......let it be implemented, let it fail, repeal & replace it. I do like Cruz's stand, but it's the wrong fight at the wrong time, and at this point it cannot be won. Period.
Let the law be implemented and then hang it around the Democrats necks at election time in 2014 & 2016. It WILL be their albatross.

dan_bgblue
09-29-2013, 01:58 PM
The Senate can not pass funding for ObamaCare by themselves. Why can't the Democrats lose this one? I know the President can veto bill that finally comes to his desk, but then the blame is squarely on his shoulders. I say carry on the fight and don't let King Reid win.