PDA

View Full Version : Promises promises

badrose
09-23-2013, 06:24 AM
GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS U.S. REP’S PRIVATE HEALTH PLAN AFTER HE OPTED OUT OF OBAMACARE

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/22/guess-what-happened-to-this-u-s-reps-private-health-plan-after-he-opted-out-of-obamacare-and-hes-not-alone/

suncat05
09-23-2013, 09:01 AM
That's because, you know, they had to pass the bill before we found out what was in the bill.

My friends, that day, the day I keep reminding you all of, is close at hand. I hope you're all prepared for it, because it is not far off now.

kritikalcat
09-23-2013, 03:32 PM
If you have private insurance that has been in force since 2010 you are grandfathered in. Otherwise, if your policy does not meet "Obamacare" standards (e.g. for what is covered) it has to either be rewritten or canceled and new policy issued. How to comply is decided by insurance regulators in each state.

Doc
09-23-2013, 06:10 PM
If you have private insurance that has been in force since 2010 you are grandfathered in. Otherwise, if your policy does not meet "Obamacare" standards (e.g. for what is covered) it has to either be rewritten or canceled and new policy issued. How to comply is decided by insurance regulators in each state.

Because I'm too ******* stupid to realize what works for me and my family.

Doc
09-23-2013, 06:27 PM
I'll be honest, I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford coverage for my wife and kids. We chose a plan that worked for us after years of not having insurance because we could not afford it. Our policy is provided thru her employer (the federal gov't) and its gone up despte the promise that this law would bring down the costs, which for even the simplest minded DOLT would see that it was a bold face lie. My children were allowed to stay on our coverage so long as they are in school regardless of their ages so that was never an issue. The only thing that changes with our coverage is the cost which nearly doubled, and again, this is a BCBS policy thru the Dept of Justice.

Now as an employer, it's limited how much my business will grow. If I were to ever approach 50 employees then I'd be hiring more and moving as many to part time as I could.

As a consumer who at one time was uninsured BY CHOICE, I know many folks who are uninsured BY CHOICE. I have no issue with paying for health care for the needy but when folks choose to not carry insurance, tough. Families who make 45K a year could choose to carry a high deductable catastrophic policy to protect themselves. Can't do that any more. Gov't says you can't.