PDA

View Full Version : Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens

badrose
09-22-2013, 09:53 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/retired-army-officer-warns-dhs-preparing-for-war-against-american-citizens

CitizenBBN
09-22-2013, 01:45 PM
It's a legit question why DHS needs thousands of MRAPS, and why so many other agencies are getting them as well. There will be a lot of them for sale as the military brings back gear from abroad, but these things are EXPENSIVE as heck to maintain and operate, why are they all stocking up on what is 100% military grade hardware?

Even per DHS' own statement denying they are hoarding ammo they admit they have a 2.5 year supply at least, and want to buy far more than they need for one year based on their own numbers. So they admit to "stockpiling", it's just a question of how much they are doing of it and why. You have to maintain some inventory, but in a time of deep deficits do they even need to buy ammo at all this year if they have more than a 2 year supply on hand?

On the other side, I know more than one person who is preparing to oblige them if necessary. A lot of people are convinced we will be forced to take up arms to defend liberty just as we did before. I don't know if it's all just bluster on both sides, or if this is what it was like in America in the mid 1700s as things escalated to the Revolution.

suncat05
09-23-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm pretty sure that if we studied most of the watershed events that ultimately led up to the American Revolution, and compare them to the current events of today that we would find many, many striking similarities, which may lead some to believe that it could be possible.
Most of those events having to do with unjust taxation, failure of political representation, and unjust government intrusion into the private lives of its citizens, among many other things too numerous to mention here. But that would be the starting point. JMHO. Yours may differ.

Heihachi07
01-09-2015, 03:15 AM
As we look to cut waste, I would think that cabinet level departments and smaller agencies on domestic issues do not need swat teams.
In some circumstances that I do think that investigators should have the authority to carry sidearms (have you ever tried to do a site visit of a public school in Camden?) but this is waste and worrisome.

KeithKSR
01-11-2015, 06:57 PM
DHS doesn't need more ammo than was used in the Iraq war.

dan_bgblue
01-11-2015, 08:53 PM
DHS doesn't need more ammo than was used in the Iraq war.

They might if they want to invade Montana.

suncat05
01-12-2015, 08:21 AM
They might if they want to invade Montana.

They had better have a damn good battle plan, because I don't think those cowboys and Indians there in Montana will take kindly to an armed incursion by enemy insurgents.

KeithKSR
01-13-2015, 04:52 PM
They had better have a damn good battle plan, because I don't think those cowboys and Indians there in Montana will take kindly to an armed incursion by enemy insurgents.

Invading armies have always struggled when facing an armed populace.