PDA

View Full Version : Will be an interestng ruling

dan_bgblue
09-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Charged with Contempt by Congress. How will the judge rule on Holder? (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/12/decision-looms-in-holder-fast-and-furious-contempt-case-1042987482/?intcmp=latestnews)

CitizenBBN
09-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Very important case, and I hope they rule in Congress' favor. We have got to get more checks and balances back in this government. No doubt down the road Congress will use it for things I don't like, but that's better than letting the Executive essentially do away with the ability of Congress to have oversight of the administrative bureaucracy. The bureaucracy under Obama has been amazingly unresponsive to Congress, but it started before him and it needs to get back under control. Lying to Congress under oath is becoming routine, and that's not how it's supposed to work. You're supposed to go to jail for that, and without the ability to subpoena documents too many will get away with it. Easy enough to keep such things within a small group of Congressional committee members to avoid security issues.

suncat05
09-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Well, if this plays out like it should, then Holder will receive some kind of legal sanctions that matter.
But, we're dealing with the Chicago political machine, so I'm sure that they've investigated everything they possibly can about the Judge and his/her family and will do whatever they can to compromise the Judge, either by offering that Judge something important and that he/she wants, or by coercing the Judge through using some type of leverage against him/her, like promises to or threats against the Judge's family, or exposing some type of human weakness that these vermin can use against the Judge.
Or........as like it seems to have been with everything else in this administration, the Judge will do nothing because he/she is a good Democrat and will protect Holder & Obama.

CitizenBBN
09-12-2013, 08:30 PM
They may get to the judge, but IMO either way he goes this will get appealed eventually to SCOTUS, and I think they take the case. I just want it to move forward quickly while Issa and the GOP are in power to pursue it in the house and SCOTUS has its current membership.

KeithKSR
09-13-2013, 05:53 PM
They may get to the judge, but IMO either way he goes this will get appealed eventually to SCOTUS, and I think they take the case. I just want it to move forward quickly while Issa and the GOP are in power to pursue it in the house and SCOTUS has its current membership.

They ticked off the judge early when the Justice Dept claimed it was not a case for courts to decide. The judge reprimanded the Justice Dept and firmly informed them there Isaacs third branch of government involved in governmental checks and balances.

jazyd
09-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Hope the judge holds strong but like sun at said this is the Chicago machine that will be at work. It will end at at the Supreme Court more tha likely, any bets on the Chief Justice. Any bets on whether the chicagomachine has gotten to him about obamacare!

suncat05
09-14-2013, 10:25 AM
I lost all respect for Chief Justice Roberts when he flipped on that decision. As far as I am concerned, he is a traitor to our country. He was wrong, period. Zero respect for any Judge that plays partisan politics instead of obeying the law and seeing to it through their position that the law is to be obeyed.
I will say this though....... by stating that it is a TAX, then at some time in the future it is repealable by an act of Congress. I thought it strange that Chief Justice Roberts chose to rule in that way, when it was clearly in the Court's hands to strike this law down as it clearly is unconstitutional. In doing it like that, he allowed the law to remain in effect, but did leave it open to action from Congress. I'm still puzzled by his choice to make it work like this.
One thing I do see as a disticnt possibility is that it can be repealed in the future BECAUSE of the incredible tax burden it is placing on every citizen of this country. But to do that the balance of power in both houses of Congress and the Executive Branch will have to change.