PDA

View Full Version : Well, this should make you gun nutz happy

Doc
09-11-2013, 06:52 PM
:671:

link (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/us/colorado-lawmaker-concedes-defeat-in-recall-over-gun-law.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0)

Colorado state reps Morse and Giron (both democrats) ousted in recall votes due primarily to their stance on gun control. Coloradians like their pot and the guns. Mess with either and you might be looking for a job. Bout time folks realized if you don't like the way the country or state is headed, get rid of the dillholes who are running it

jazyd
09-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Glad they lost. Never represented their voters, did it inan underhanded way with no discussion. Had they listened to the voters, got their input and found their districts and state wanted it, no problem . But they didnt and they lost. The voters won

CitizenBBN
09-12-2013, 12:14 AM
The media built this up as a litmus test of the pro gun political power, I think figuring they'd lose as Bloomberg and his group outspent the pro gun side about 6 to 1 by most estimates, plus the fact that recalls rarely succeed. With them losing it creates a pretty powerful message thanks to the spin put on it.

Some states have enough voters that want these restrictions, that's their choice, but as jazy said this case in Colorado was a lot more about some Senators taking quite a bit of out of state money and supporting laws that didn't have the support of their constituents. The combination was fatal politically.

It's a big victory for pro gun forces, and will have a chilling effect on the influence of Bloomberg in these various state initiatives in which he is involving himself. he's been spending millions in state races including already funding against McConnell in Kentucky. If there was a strong enough pro gun vote to recall people in Colorado imagine what being anti gun in Kentucky will do for your campaign. at least that's the message that will be seen by many. If Bloomberg is tied to Lundy imagine how that can be used to advantage. It could keep him out of a lot of state races financially b/c no one wants to be tied to him and his positions.

bigsky
09-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Really was all about telling off Bloomberg and those pols who listen to him who should be listening to their constituents.

suncat05
09-12-2013, 09:04 AM
And so the 2nd Amendment lives on to fight another day........Today is a GOOD DAY!

badrose
09-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Brav-freakin'-o!

Doc
09-12-2013, 12:07 PM
For me, I don't really care one way or the other about the gun issue but I am highly pleased that the voters ousted representatives that are going against what they what. Its about time that voters grew a pair and quit voting the same idiots back. Now if we could just see that on a national level..............