PDA

View Full Version : Our Presidnet is just a child in the world political arena

dan_bgblue
09-05-2013, 12:12 PM
He has no clue about political gamesmanship on a grand scale.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/05/obama-to-engage-putin-on-syria-strike-at-g-20-summit/

"he is threatening a missile shield for Syria?" "Well crap, what do I do now?" "Maybe I should call home at lunch and find out what the Senate thinks about this"

Darrell KSR
09-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Novice. Even his supporters should acknowledge that.

Doc
09-05-2013, 01:03 PM
This whole thing reminds me of a Seinfeld episode although any situation in life can be a Seinfeld episode. The one with "Bizarro world". We have John Kerry arguing FOR a military action-this being the same guy who's own military service is tainted by his total anti-war rhetoric :533:. We have Barach Obama advocating military actions against a country who is accused of using chemical weapons, the same Barrach Obama who ran on the idea that the USA should not have gone into Iraq because there was no confirmation of CW's :533:. We have Barrach Obama who claimed that using CW would cross the line, who is now saying he didn't set said line even though he said it :533: We have Russia as our opponent, the same Russia that we overheard Obama pleading (Dmitry Medvedev) to wait until AFTER he was re-elected to address missiles/defense systems. We have republicans who are against military actions and democrats who are for it :533: Its like dogs sleeping with cats!

CitizenBBN
09-05-2013, 01:15 PM
"It is not possible for Mr. Assad to regain legitimacy in a country where he's killed tens of thousands of his own people," Obama said. "So far, at least, Mr. Putin has rejected that logic."

You know why? B/c he comes from Russia, where a man killed 15 million of his own people give or take and never lost power. He's also studied China, Cambodia, Germany, and pretty much every other part of the world at one time or another. He rejects it b/c you're wrong Mr. President. Assad can most certainly stay in power and survive this, just as Saddam survived the first Gulf War just fine, after surviving the 8 year Iran/Iraq war where he killed far more of his own people. Just like Castro survived, etc. Duh.

This is what happens when you elect a man with no experience. Not "foreign policy experience", but simply no experience. From private schools to ivy league colleges to a closed Chicago political system that never challenged him in any way externally. One term in the Senate, his seat as secure as the desk chair I'm in, to President. He's never in his life had to deal with people who say "no" who are immune to his power or the power of those who support him. He has no idea what to do in that theater, and it's obvious.

Putin saw him as the weak, confused and incapable leader he is when he took office, and has worked to expand his sphere of influence ever since, internally and externally. Now by giving these deadlines and timetables and long build ups we've given our enemies all the time they need to position themselves, and negate any tepid military action we may take.

It's like watching a chess match between a ranked master and a guy who's never played a game. He's being disemboweled internationally and I'm not sure he even knows it. I'm confident he doesn't admit it to himself.

suncat05
09-05-2013, 02:46 PM
You know those pictures we always see of Obama and Putin sitting next to each other? I'd almost like to see Putin reach across and pimp slap...........oh, never mind.

Wonder what kind of response that might elicit from the Annointed One?

Darrell KSR
09-05-2013, 02:53 PM
You know those pictures we always see of Obama and Putin sitting next to each other? I'd almost like to see Putin reach across and pimp slap...........oh, never mind.

Wonder what kind of response that might elicit from the Annointed One?

A telephone call to Congress?

suncat05
09-05-2013, 03:00 PM
A telephone call to Congress?

You think they could actually come to some sort of consensus on that one? Or maybe they'd opt for organizing a fact finding committee to thoroughly investigate the situation?

UKHistory
09-05-2013, 04:02 PM
The US has been very fortunate the Russia was focusing more inwardly over the past 20 years. Putin is reminding us that whether communism is the offical economic system of the former USSR, its leadership remains totalitarian. In short, the Russian government is made up of bullies.

What is worse Putin, a former KGB director, is not as familiar with the real life experience of the Great Partiotic War/WWII. The USSR lost 20 million people (not counting the milions killed by Stalin). My point is that Putin is a bully who doesn't understand how bloody war can be.

Afghanistan or Vietnam it is not the same as when the the theatre of operation is within your own borders. Those hard line Soviets understood this and that fear held them in check. Putin doesn't have that fear.

And President Obama's inexperience shines brightly. That is not to say I see a lot outside of McCain our side that has worthwhile experience on the national stage either.

dan_bgblue
09-05-2013, 04:39 PM
We have John Kerry arguing FOR a military action-this being the same guy who's own military service is tainted by his total anti-war rhetoric

It is much easier to cal for action when the action does not include the one calling for it.

CitizenBBN
09-05-2013, 05:04 PM
And President Obama's inexperience shines brightly. That is not to say I see a lot outside of McCain our side that has worthwhile experience on the national stage either.

I'm increasingly convinced McCain has mental issues. I'm not kidding as much as I'd like. His positions are somewhat erratic, lack internal consistency and consistency with his past stances.

UKHistory
09-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Citizen based on his health issues battling cancer, the POW experience, and his age (and the POW experience adds on more years than his actual age) he might not all there.

My big point is that I don't see a lot on either side of the aisle to give me confidence.

Nations triumph in times of crisis when great individuals rise to the occassion.

I don't see those guys walking through the door.

suncat05
09-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I am not sure that there is another Ronald Reagan anywhere within the Republican Party now. Do like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz a lot, Marco Rubio as well, although he is much more 'mainstream' than either Paul or Cruz. However, not sure there is anyone that will have a chance against the Clinton machine next time around, unless the wheels just fall off that cart, which in my estimation isn't likely because the 'lamestream media' will push her hard no matter what evil she has done against the American people.
The media has gotten entirely too big and unwieldy in the entire political process. I would just really like it if they were to tell the truth and just report the facts, but that isn't going to happen, probably never again. So they'll keep pushing these left-wing shills on us until something pops.
We are, as a nation, in a very, very dire situation. If we're not already lost altogether.

DanISSELisdaman
09-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Suncat, I'm afraid we are already lost, not just because we have a President and a majority of Congress that is totally clueless and probably even evil, but because the majority of the American people don't seem to care whether our constitutional rights are taken away or not. They have swallowed the lies that is being spread by both parties till they can hardly think for themselves. Our younger generation has been indoctrinated with this liberal crap right in our schools, till they wont listen to reason from anyone. America can overcome bad leaders, as they don't have to re-elect them, but we cannot survive when we lose our pride in our country and feel entitled to handouts from a corrupt government. As long as they have their I-pods and can text their buddy's or their games etc. they're not concerned about what is going on. Technology has spawned a generation of idiots.