PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see today from the team?

Darrell KSR
09-15-2012, 08:35 AM
For me, I want to see them STOP THE RUN.

Of course, a win, and all that other jazz, but if we continue to struggle to stop a running attack, we are going to be miserable this entire year.

wes011
09-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Ultimately a victory, however, I agree with stopping the run. Holding WKU to less than 3 yards per carry would be ideal. If not, I would like to see improved linebacker play and better man coverage on the outside. We have to give the line enough time to get to the QB and that comes with locking down receivers.

imsoblue
09-15-2012, 09:21 AM
I like to see the offense continue to score and the D to tighten up on the run. And turns overs we need to get WKU to cough up the ball. Finally win by 3 touch downs. Go CATS!!!

bluesuedeshoes
09-15-2012, 10:32 AM
I'd like to see Smith protected so he is as healthy as possible going into SEC play.

jimbo4uk
09-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Some defense.

CitizenBBN
09-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Some defense.

A man of few but powerful words. :)

I agree on stopping the run. UL pushed us around, SEC teams will just walk through. Some of that is the LBs, some the line, but we can't let a team just push us back time and again.

BigBluePappy
09-15-2012, 02:06 PM
jimbo beat me to it.
Some defense, pure and simple, defense.

jimbo4uk
09-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty confident we'll get to see some (defense that is) today. They showed some signs in the second half last week. Hopefull, they will build on that.

Doc
09-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Improvement on defense is the clear answer. More specifically, some type of consistant rush, some type of consistant play by the linebackers with some effective blitzing going on and creating some turnovers.

Catonahottinroof
09-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Keeping WKU under 100 yards rushing. Protect Max too.
WKU sacked Bama's QB 6 times last week.

kencat
09-15-2012, 04:24 PM
For me, I want to see them STOP THE RUN.Of course, a win, and all that other jazz, but if we continue to struggle to stop a running attack, we are going to be miserable this entire year.

^ This, and, I'd like to see a defensive back in the same camera shot with the receiver. In other words, stop playing ten yards off the guy you're suppose to be covering.

dan_bgblue
09-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Are you seeing what you wanted to see?

KSRBEvans
09-15-2012, 09:29 PM
A W would (have been) nice.

RISE!

CatinIL
09-15-2012, 09:33 PM
:mad: and now we enter the SEC part of the schedule. That will be even more depressing. :(

kencat
09-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Are you seeing what you wanted to see?

I sure didn't want to see that. But congrats to Western...

kingcat
09-16-2012, 01:32 AM
All the work Coach Brooks did, for naught. The program is dead in the water and going no where. third best (maybe) in the state...and that state is the football hotbed known as Kentucky,

Roll Tide!!

suncat05
09-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Some defense. Some defense that will stop the run. Some defense that can stop a pass.
Neloms had a terrible game. He gets penalized AND beaten over and over again on pass plays. The "D" line still cannot stop the run, although Wyndam(sp?)did have a decent game. And the last penalty against us in the O/T for that roughing the QB is highly suspect, IMHO, but still, when it comes down to it I just have a hard time believing that we're this bad on defense.
The Gators of Florida must be licking their chops right now. Their offense has started to find itself, and their defense is nothing to sneeze at. But we may as well get used to it, this is the way it has always been, and the way it's always going to be with Kentucky football.
Everybody we play in the SEC must be licking their chops right now, waiting to play us. Honestly, I don't see us winning but maybe 2 more games the rest of the way. If that.

Catfan73
09-16-2012, 09:18 AM
I think Samford is the only other win on the schedule.

kingcat
09-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Samford is similar to Western. Unless we improve a lot we are in trouble there too Lots of returning players on a Bulldog team that scored 16 on Auburn in a loss last season. Fabian Truss (http://samfordsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2635) will run through over and around this UK defense. Samford head coach Pat Sullivan (Auburn) knows SEC football and knows an SEC patsy when he sees one

suncat05
09-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Although I am certainly not at all happy with what we've been seeing so far, and as bad as the remainder of this season may turn out to be, I am of the opinion that Joker Phillips has to be given at least another year, maybe two more years, to see this thing through.
I personally think this season may already be a 'wash', as it were, although I did not think we would look this lost on defense like we do. But then too, almost everyone on that side of the ball are freshmen & sophomores(not all, but most).
We already look much, much better on offense, certainly light years ahead of where we were at this time last year. Cut down on the fumbles and the interceptions against WKU and we win the game, perhaps easily. They got and made the breaks, we didn't, bottom line. The sky is not falling. Could we be playing better on defense? Sure, but with that many frosh & sophomores getting time on the field, it's inevitable that we're going to look like we have so far. I have to think that with the experiences of this season, the growing pains, if you will, that by this time next season we will start to see much more positive results than we are going to see this year. But that's just me thinking out loud. And honestly, I think the rest of this season is going to be brutal for us, little doubt of that from what we've seen so far. So while many are screaming for Joker's head on a stick, I think he deserves some more time, contrary to some feelings right now.
And while I am not confident in the UKAA or the UK administration at this moment, or in their view of how this should get done, I still believe that the current coaching staff and players can get this situation turned around, but it is not going to happen this year. Let's also remember too that about halfway through the 2006 season that we were struggling, mightily I might add(and practically everyone was calling for Coach Brooks' head), and then after a terrible beatdown to a very good LSU football team, that Kentucky started playing some really good football and ended up going bowling and winning that bowl too! I believe that we will see history repeat itself, but it has to be allowed to play itself out before our eyes.
JMHO. Joker has not had enough time. Now, if we're still struggling and losing this time next year, then it will be time to start looking for another coach. But right now, even as bad as it is at this moment, is not the right time. Again, JMHO. Yours may differ.