PDA

View Full Version : Stupid McCracken county teacher

jazyd
08-30-2013, 10:41 PM
Evidently a art teacher at the new McCracken County HS put the American Flag on the floor, placed a music stand on top of it to keep it from moving and then had her students stand on it.

She then claimed she didn't know you are not supposed to do that and apologized and claimed she loves the flag and the veterans. I don't believe her or accent her story. If she is that stupid she should not be teaching. She should be inNYC, DC, Oregon or California.

Being from Paducah it made me sick to read this. She should be fired but won't be

PedroDaGr8
08-31-2013, 02:07 PM
I personally dislike the disrespect of the flag, that being said I don't think that should be a firing offense. It is a political statement and those types of free speech should be deeply protected (no matter how offensive they might be). More important to me is how she lied to cover her ass. If you have the balls to make a statement like that have the balls to stand by your actions. Otherwise, don't be a badass in private and when the heat comes wilt like the grass in August.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Doc
08-31-2013, 03:40 PM
I personally dislike the disrespect of the flag, that being said I don't think that should be a firing offense. It is a political statement and those types of free speech should be deeply protected (no matter how offensive they might be). More important to me is how she lied to cover her ass. If you have the balls to make a statement like that have the balls to stand by your actions. Otherwise, don't be a badass in private and when the heat comes wilt like the grass in August.

Agree except as a teacher and this being done in school is wrong. Im against political statements being made by teachers in school. That's different than political discussions. We are talking political statement here. No right to freedom of speech being provided in the workplace

jazyd
08-31-2013, 06:53 PM
This, she is a teacher that affects the minds of students. Leave your opinion at the door, from either side of the isle

UOTE=Doc;106785]Agree except as a teacher and this being done in school is wrong. In against political statements being made by teachers in school. That's different than political discussions. We are talking political statement here. No right to freedom of speech being provided in the workplace[/QUOTE]

KeithKSR
09-08-2013, 10:04 PM

Teachers at any level should abstain from espousing political views. As a teacher I am very careful of being drawn into those types of discussions with students.