PDA

View Full Version : Go figure

badrose
08-23-2013, 08:40 AM
http://gunsnfreedom.com/17-years-after-gun-bans-in-australia-police-say-gun-crime-is-out-of-control/

Doc
08-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Go figure what?

Pet peeve of mine which seems to be more common here. Folks have a thread with a link and offer nothing but the link. What is your opinion of the link, other than "go figure"?

IMO there is much discussion on crime and murders in state or places that have strict gun control like that has something to do with it. Gun rights advocates frequently use the "look at Chicago" example as a failing in gun bans controlling crime. Here we have a similar example in Australia. Well you can also look at murders in locations where guns are not banned. Personally I don't believe gun bans neither help nor hurt the likelihood of a murder. Those kids who killed the guy last week cuz they were bored. If they didn't have a gun the likely would have beat him with a bat or something else.

Catonahottinroof
08-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Think of the absurdity of say..Ford suing every owner of a GM and Chrysler because they didn't buy a Ford.
Ford didn't take the government money as Chrysler and GM did...

This ruling is equally as absurd....

Doc
08-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Think of the absurdity of say..Ford suing every owner of a GM and Chrysler because they didn't buy a Ford.
Ford didn't take the government money as Chrysler and GM did...

This ruling is equally as absurd....

:sCo_huhsign: -you lost me totally on that one.

For me concerning Australia and its gun ban, Humongous and his band had but a single gun yet they wreaked havoc on the entire post apocalyptical wasteland. Why? It wasn't because they had guns, it was because they were criminals.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XtMPF-MBlqw/TuFEqV0isLI/AAAAAAAAHLk/om0kCHtnTWI/s400/humongous.jpg

And they had awesome cars!

Catonahottinroof
08-23-2013, 03:00 PM
lol. Oops, wrong thread.... Lol

Doc
08-23-2013, 03:20 PM
lol. Oops, wrong thread.... Lol

LOL, Now it makes sense!

CitizenBBN
08-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Personally I don't believe gun bans neither help nor hurt the likelihood of a murder.

Which is kind of the point of the pro-gun side. You restrict the ability of people to defend themselves, restrict their choices for how to pursue happiness, and do nothing to make people safer.

badrose
08-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Where guns exist, banning them only hurts law-abiding citizens.