PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitoes don't bite him--out of respect.

Catfan73
09-14-2012, 01:03 PM
The most interesting man in the world wants to have a beer with you. . . and Barack Obama.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/13/the-most-interesting-man-obama_n_1881292.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

CitizenBBN
09-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Love those ads.

People hang on every word, even the prepositions.

He can speak French, in Russian.

Police often question him, just b/c they find him interesting.

A bit of a rip off of the Chuck Norris concept, but very funny and well done.

blueboss
09-14-2012, 06:20 PM
The most interesting man in the world wants to have a beer with you. . . and Barack Obama.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/13/the-most-interesting-man-obama_n_1881292.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

If that's the case (no pun intended) I've drank my last Dos Equis

Catfan73
09-14-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the $20 ticket gets you. I'm thinking maybe a spot out back by the dumpster and a warm Red Stripe.

CitizenBBN
09-14-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the $20 ticket gets you. I'm thinking maybe a spot out back by the dumpster and a warm Red Stripe.

That was great! I am still literally laughing out loud. :) "warm Red Stripe" got me.

For $20 I hope it's not open bar or you'll be lucky to get Red Stripe.

Catfan73
09-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Lol, my wife and I got married at a Sandals in Negril in 1998 (and redid our vows in the church when we got home--mostly for our parents' sake). We had an awsome time; free upgrade to a bungalow, etc., but I'll never forget that warm Red Stripe. I still shudder to think about it to this day.

CitizenBBN
09-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Our first trip to Key West they really didn't have a very good beer distributor back then so it was an odd mix. Sloppy Joe's sold buckets of something called "Polar Beer", from Iceland. They were in a smaller bottle. Had to drink 5-6 before you stopped caring how bad they tasted. We got smart later and drank better beer for the first 3-4 rounds then went to the Polar Beer when it tasted better.

Lfbj00
09-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Our first trip to Key West.......

Ahhh, Key West....Captain Tony's Saloon....good times!!! I've about wore off all the ink on my plastic tumbler. Probably never get there again to get another. Damn kids!!!

CitizenBBN
09-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Ahhh, Key West....Captain Tony's Saloon....good times!!! I've about wore off all the ink on my plastic tumbler. Probably never get there again to get another. Damn kids!!!

My fav place in the world. Have a Captain Tony's cup with the ink about gone too! :) Done the Duval Crawl more than once. Usually from wherever they kick me out of to Z's Pizza.

You know, this is WAY more fun than politics. Maybe we shut down the Barber Shop and open up KSR After Dark where we can discuss Key West, bars, that sort of thing. :cool:

CitizenBBN
09-14-2012, 09:44 PM
If that's the case (no pun intended) I've drank my last Dos Equis

I won't hold it against Dos Equis but I wonder if they'll have issue with it since it seems to have become something of a story. Companies usually don't like their spokespeople getting anywhere near politics and such. Famous celebrities can do it, and I personally don't wish him to get dinged for it but they might.

The stories will all run as "the most interesting man in the world", not "Charlie sheen" or whoever, so they are tied pretty strong to the beer brand. Usually that's a no-no with corporate marketing.

Lfbj00
09-14-2012, 10:04 PM
You know, this is WAY more fun than politics. Maybe we shut down the Barber Shop and open up KSR After Dark where we can discuss Key West, bars, that sort of thing. :cool:

CBBN, we may have to open a new forum for that because if we shut down the politics talk, Jazy may implode!!! Hes kinda like the Daryl of the world news!!