PDA

View Full Version : I think this turns out to be a hoax

Doc
08-21-2013, 03:15 PM
because I can't see any person being this gutless and heartless

LINK (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/19/read-the-unbelievably-hateful-letter-sent-to-family-with-autistic-child-do-the-right-thing-and-move-or-euthanize-him/)

Be sure to read the text of the letter!

Now I can understand somebody being frustrated by the situation. I also tend to look at the author of the letters side as if the child was no different than any other disturbance (dogs, loud music, parties, etc) and the child being autistic does not make any difference when it comes to the disturbance factor. Such a disturbance would be beyond frustrating and likely push me to the point of desperation if ongoing long enough however the approach was beyond gutless. Still, I'm still betting it ends up being a hoax, a letter written by the mother or some type of sick joke.

KeithKSR
08-21-2013, 08:02 PM
I would not be surprised if it turns out to be real, people are amazingly cruel and it is getting worse.

DanISSELisdaman
08-21-2013, 08:18 PM
It wouldn't surprise me either Keith. I read an article a couple days ago where someone had done a poll and around 50% of the people polled said that if if a person and a dog were about to be run over with a truck, ( or something of that sort), that they would save the dog unless the person was a family member or close friend. Now I have nothing at all against dogs, but that's just not right. The point I'm trying to make is that when people can value a dogs life more than a fellow human, it's possible for them to do some pretty bad things.

BigBluePappy
08-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Have waited a while to post, but here goes.
This January, we lost a wonderful member of our family; it was my 70 year old sister.
Sis was born as normal as normal can be, but a brain injury at a young age led to an abscess of the mastoid process and to some brain damage.
I was the baby of the family so I never knew Sis as any other way other than how she was when I was born; sweet, loving and a little odd in her ways. I did hear the whisperings of folks when we were "in public" with her an got into a few scrapes with the neighbor kids who had the bad sense to speak bad about her.
For the last 15 years of her life she lived with me and my beautiful bride Grammy and I can't tell you how cruel people can be.
May God rest her soul, she doesn't have to endure that anymore, and she would question it; believe me, she was aware.

That is why I truly believe it can happen and it takes all that there is about me not to just hunt the person responsible down, and put a whompin on them, just this side of death. I want them to live with their disability and infirmity and endure what my sister and those like her did.

Euthanasia for the likes that may have wrote that letter is too kind, but maybe for the rest of mankind, it is a good start. It is the most horrible thing I can say, but may they rot in Hell.

Doc
08-24-2013, 07:32 AM
I don't disagree that people can be cruel, incredibly cruel. Very may be an authentic letter written by a total idiot.

KeithKSR
08-24-2013, 09:19 PM
I don't disagree that people can be cruel, incredibly cruel. Very may be an authentic letter written by a total idiot.

Unfortunately among our country's many natural resources idiots may be the most plentiful.

CGWildcat
08-25-2013, 11:09 AM
We live in a land of many freedoms. Many exercise their freedom to be stupid.