PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you scratch your head.....

Darrell KSR
09-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Received an email today telling me a new credit card was on its way to me, by mail, of course. The email encouraged me,

While you wait for your card, start customizing your online account preferences. You can:
Set up online payments
Create a PIN for cash access at ATMs
And much more

And provided a link.

I clicked the link, and of course, the first thing they ask is.....the card number.

Which you don't have.
Which you can't get until the card arrives.

So you can't register to do all of those online account preference things until the card arrives. So why do they say, "While you wait for your card....?"

That's my "today" things that make you scratch your head. We all experience them. What's yours?

PedroDaGr8
09-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Received an email today telling me a new credit card was on its way to me, by mail, of course. The email encouraged me,

While you wait for your card, start customizing your online account preferences. You can:
Set up online payments
Create a PIN for cash access at ATMs
And much more

And provided a link.

I clicked the link, and of course, the first thing they ask is.....the card number.

Which you don't have.
Which you can't get until the card arrives.

So you can't register to do all of those online account preference things until the card arrives. So why do they say, "While you wait for your card....?"

That's my "today" things that make you scratch your head. We all experience them. What's yours?

Are you sure that link is legit? Would be a very good way to phish for card numbers and/or logins.

Darrell KSR
09-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Yep, it's legitimate. Right card, everything done through snail mail, gave them email address to notify, etc.

Just really, really dumb.

Rainman
09-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Mr. Left Hand? Meet Mr. Right Hand

CitizenBBN
09-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Mr. Left Hand? Meet Mr. Right Hand

Hey, this is a PG-13 board.