PDA

View Full Version : AT&T Uverse

KSRBEvans
08-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Anyone use the service and have thoughts on it?

We cut off Insight cable this summer and have been going strictly with Netflix. But with football season coming we're getting ready to get back on.

The ones we're looking at are Uverse and Direct TV. (Insight--now Time Warner--is more expensive, and the multi-room DVR TWC offers is cost-prohibitive.) Price for comparable packages are about the same. I read the Direct TV thread (http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?9728-Direct-TV-Questions) and I'm looking for reviews from UVerse customers, especially those in the Louisville area. (Anyone who has Direct TV and wants to add a comment, please feel free to jump in, too.) Thanks.

KSRdallen
08-19-2013, 01:20 PM
We've got ATT U-verse and love it. Great speed and the wireless that came as part of the modem ie excellent. Big fan.

BigBlueBrock
08-19-2013, 02:25 PM
i want off Time Warner bad, but i have an east-facing apartment so satellite service is out of the question and U-Verse isn't available in Lexington yet. i've got half a mind to cut off my TWC service anyway, pirate all my TV shows, and just go to the bar/friend's place for games

CitizenBBN
08-19-2013, 02:48 PM
i want off Time Warner bad, but i have an east-facing apartment so satellite service is out of the question and U-Verse isn't available in Lexington yet. i've got half a mind to cut off my TWC service anyway, pirate all my TV shows, and just go to the bar/friend's place for games

I'm about there too. Hate that insight got taken over by Time Warner. Didn't know if Uverse was available or not yet, you saved me having to look it up, thanks.

Catfan73
08-19-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm still on Insight/TWC. A couple of my neighbors have tried U-Verse. One still has it, while the other had it taken back out after 2 weeks. He has a home office and said their internet service was dreadful compared to Insight's (at that time) broadband.

CitizenBBN
08-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Internet speed is my biggest issue, esp. at my office. The house is better, I can live with it, but the office is very slow/expensive and I have a lot of outage issues. I've had them check the signal level, change the modem, and I'm more than qualified to know it's not on my local network side. If it was $30 a month maybe id' be OK with it but to charge me 3x as much as they do at my house, which is 400' from my office, and be worse, it hacks me off.

BigBluePappy
08-19-2013, 06:01 PM
I can't speak for internet speeds too indepth, although we don't notice any difference except our wireless devices don't need to "reconnect" almost every time like they did with Insight/TWC.

Picture Quality is another story, I would throw rocks at someone who tried to give me Insight back over AT&T Uverse.

Oh, and another thing, AT&T is about $40.00 less per month than Insight.

If you couldn't guess, I am not a fan of Insight/TWC and I love AT&T Uverse.

BigBlueBrock
08-19-2013, 07:06 PM
I can't speak for internet speeds too indepth, although we don't notice any difference except our wireless devices don't need to "reconnect" almost every time like they did with Insight/TWC.

Picture Quality is another story, I would throw rocks at someone who tried to give me Insight back over AT&T Uverse.

Oh, and another thing, AT&T is about $40.00 less per month than Insight.

If you couldn't guess, I am not a fan of Insight/TWC and I love AT&T Uverse.

so jealous

jazyd
08-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Brian, I hate it. I have it for Internet at home and have nothing but trouble. Was talked into Internet at our business and when they installed it last week the AT&T installer said they all hate working on the modem because he said they were junk. Told me this after I told him the trouble I have at home. But they are doing away with dsl and if you want their service in the future it will be unversed.

Whatever anyone does, do not deal with anyone that claims they are AT&T selling you, they are contract help that are money whores working on commission. Deal with only AT&T company employees.

I asked the installer if they tell the white shirts and he said they won't listen.

For me I love directv

Darrell KSR
08-19-2013, 10:18 PM
For every person who has raved about it, I have heard one bash it. I will probably give it a try because my dsl service is being eliminated. I am not looking forward to it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

BigBluePappy
08-20-2013, 03:02 AM
The issue may be regional. :533:
All I know is that by comparison it is like going from ridin' a mule to drivin' a rolls royce.

kybobcat
08-20-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm in Louisville and I switched to U Verse from TWC.

- TV signal is as good or better than TWC
- DVR programs can be set to record and/or viewed on any television in the house.
- Internet download speed is about 14mps...which is close to the 18mps advertised.
- There's supposed to be a 250gb per month cap but I haven't had any trouble with it.
- Phone is calibrated with the television and my cell phone - caller ID appear on TV when phone rings;
plus my cell phone also receives the home phone calls, which is very handy when I'm away from the house.

All in all, it's a much better experience than I was receiving with TWC.

BTW, I bowl with an AT&T tech. He says they're so jammed up on orders that they're bringing in more installers from other regions to help with the backlog. Evidently folks in the Louisville area aren't enamored with Time-Warner Cable.