PDA

View Full Version : Those darn republicans!

DanISSELisdaman
08-18-2013, 09:34 PM
http://downtrend.com/brian-carey/obama-i-had-to-violate-the-consitution-because-republicans-are-such-partisan-hacks-or-something/

dan_bgblue
08-18-2013, 09:58 PM
The company I work for has about 300,000 employees world wide, 2/3rds of them in the USA, and they spent millions of dollars in the HR department retooling their health care package to suit the law. My share of the benefits went up and the coverage is less than what I had before the law was passed in the middle of the night.

This company lobbied hard against the Kings new law, but failed to sway the vote.

If only the King and members of congress and their staff had to buy health coverage under the same rules.

DanISSELisdaman
08-18-2013, 10:19 PM
But that would never do Dan! That would bring them down to the same level as us peons.

jazyd
08-18-2013, 10:59 PM
It's always. Someone elses fault with this idiot. Mom course our stupid republicabpns don't have the spine to challenge him

Doc
08-19-2013, 10:04 AM
On Huckabee this weekend, they had one of Obama's former chief economic advisors. He went so far as to blame, not imply blame but rather flat out state its republicans fault that there as a need to exempt congress and the congressional staff. Gave some cock and bull junk about funding etc.... and Huckabee literally started laughing. My wife who was listening went off at the absurdity and she seldom watches anything political and even rarer comments. Tried to play it off as since currently nearly all of the health costs for them is paid for by you and me, that new law does not allow that. Seems that folks who make the money they make (look up the average congressional salary and their staff, and that does not include benefits) would not be eligible for subsidies (that shocks me - dws) so they would lose the subsidies. That is where the issue is. See, they want you to pay for their insurance plus the insurance of those who can't afford it plus the insurance of those who don't want it and will be force to purchase it via subsidies.