PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my nephew/his family

Darrell KSR
08-17-2013, 07:52 PM
22-year old, great looking kid found dead today by his Dad, likely drug overdose. My wife's sister's boy.

Has struggled for some time, and hopefully he will have peace now. Hug your children extra tight tonight. I know I will mine.

Sent using Forum Runner

Catfan73
08-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks, Darrell. I just hugged mine twice.

Sending prayers their way.

dan_bgblue
08-17-2013, 09:19 PM
I will say a prayer for him and your family.

suncat05
08-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Just sent my daughter back to school in OKC. She doesn't get it when I get tears in my eyes, thinks I'm just old. And although she will never admit it, she likes the hug and the kiss on the forehead, but she would never, ever admit it. But it's okay, we have done the best we could do, and I trust her judgement to not do anything "over the top".
And I pray a lot.

Prayers offered up for your family, dan. Sorry for your loss.

badrose
08-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Always awful when they go so young. Prayers sent.

jazyd
08-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Darrell I hate to hear that. If anyone can give them helphb it is Darryl.

My neighbors went thru it twice, very difficult for the family..in time they w ill get thru it with prayers and help from family.

My prayers are with all of you tonight

BigBluePappy
08-18-2013, 03:43 AM
My heart goes out to the family as well as my prayers.

MickintheHam
08-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Darrell, that is just horrible! It saddens me greatly. We pray for strength for the family and the courage to face the coming weeks and months.

truecatsfan
08-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Prayers sent to your family.

Darrell KSR
08-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Still don't know what to say. Last summer we spent a week at Navarre Beach with the family, and he was there the entire week. Nice young man, personable, polite, popular, but with demons he could not shake.

My twins are a year younger, and when they were pre-teens, we used to spend a lot of time in New Orleans during the summer and they would hang out with their cousin a lot. My daughter is devastated at losing her cousin. Although they drifted apart over the last 10 years or so, she retains those memories of all the things she and her brother used to do with their cousin in south Louisiana.

Thanks to all for your prayers and thoughts. My sister-in-law and her family are going to need a lot of love and prayers.

blueboss
08-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Mrs. boss works in the field of addiction and recovery and while I'm not implying or speculating on the specifics of your nephews tragic death she is very concerned over the recent influx and ease to obtain heroin and because of it there is a recent surge in adolescent overdose's. These kids are starting out with prescription drugs and moving straight into heroin, there is no more "gateway drugs" leading to the more harsh drugs, kids are starting at the top now...

Parents be very diligent in changes in behavior this problem is wrecking havoc very quickly and without warning. So sad..

ukblue
08-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Words can't express the loss that your family has had. It just leaves one numb and asking why. You and your family will be in my families prayers.

Darryl
08-19-2013, 08:51 PM
22-year old, great looking kid found dead today by his Dad, likely drug overdose. My wife's sister's boy.

Has struggled for some time, and hopefully he will have peace now. Hug your children extra tight tonight. I know I will mine.

Sent using Forum Runner

Darrell, I normally don't post on this forum, but read it often. I am heartbroken for your family. As you may remember, I found
Nathan in his bedroom after he had left us at 22 years old. My youngest is starting Alabama today, and I found some of Nathan's
books today as we were getting things packed. A child's death and the after effects simply cannot be over emphasized.

I think about him daily, wondering how he would look, where he would be in his life, would he have children, how he loved to watch
UK games with me.

I read a story about a parent of a Columbine victim (daughter). 9 years later, she was getting her hair cut and burst out crying. The
hairdresser asked her what was wrong, and the mother said she had lost her child. The hairdresser asked if it was recent. The mother
said "when you lose a child, it is always recent"

It has been nearly 5 years ago, and the grief is simply unbearable. I wish I could be more comforting, but bless them forever.

Darryl

MickintheHam
08-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Darrell, I normally don't post on this forum, but read it often. I am heartbroken for your family. As you may remember, I found
Nathan in his bedroom after he had left us at 22 years old. My youngest is starting Alabama today, and I found some of Nathan's
books today as we were getting things packed. A child's death and the after effects simply cannot be over emphasized.

I think about him daily, wondering how he would look, where he would be in his life, would he have children, how he loved to watch
UK games with me.

I read a story about a parent of a Columbine victim (daughter). 9 years later, she was getting her hair cut and burst out crying. The
hairdresser asked her what was wrong, and the mother said she had lost her child. The hairdresser asked if it was recent. The mother
said "when you lose a child, it is always recent"

It has been nearly 5 years ago, and the grief is simply unbearable. I wish I could be more comforting, but bless them forever.

Darryl
Darryl your family remains in my prayers. God bless you, Mindy, Nicholas and Zach. Words can't adequately express the the love that my family has for yours. There is much we don't understand about this life. May your faith sustain you.

blue2ksr
08-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Words can't describe how sorry I am and how tragic this is.......

Darrell KSR
08-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Darryl, I am sorry to bring back poor memories, but I hope you will enjoy the good ones instead. I'm so very sorry. I certainly thought of you immediately.

Please keep my wife, son and daughter in your thoughts and prayers as they travel to south Louisiana tomorrow for my nephew's funeral.

Bryan was named after his father's brother, Bryan, who died in a boating accident. He was also 22.

His father also lost his first wife and daughter in a car wreck. So he has now lost his wife, his daughter, his son, and his brother. God bless him.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Darrell KSR
08-19-2013, 10:44 PM
By the way, my middle daughter is still in Tuscaloosa; her senior year. If you need something, she'd be happy to help.

jazyd
08-19-2013, 10:48 PM
I thought of Darryl, my neighbors and others. Never forgotten.

That man has faced way too much tragedy