PDA

View Full Version : California Wacos

dan_bgblue
08-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Pretty sure I see an Ithaca model 37 feather lite in that pile, and another one that looks like an Enfield.

Melt them down boys, and do you have any books that need burning while we are at it? (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/11/latest-bills-could-make-california-toughest-state-on-gun-control/)

CitizenBBN
08-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Saw that too Dan, guns that have never been used in commission of a crime EVER in california are in that pile. Lots of gang bangers running around with unsporterized Mosin Nagants? I've been told some in Cali are working to allocate money to buy seized guns from other states just to destroy them so they won't be resold. It absolutely won't surprise me.

They're insane. Bills up in the Cali Senate now will ban ALL semi-auto rifles with detachable mags. All. that's 22 plinkers like the RUger 10/22, hunting rifles that have never had mags that hold more than 5 rounds, and NONE of which are any kind of crime threat. No one is running around in a shooting spree or drive by with a Remington 7600 hunting rifle.

My favorite is the confiscation bill. Finally no more hiding, the bill will require all "high capacity" magazines to be turned in to the state. Confiscated, period. It's close though b/c the one banning all the rifles also requires retroactive registration of all guns. that's important b/c when they ban these guns outright in a few years they'll need to know where to go in order to seize them.

Then there is licensing for ammo purchases, background checks on all ammo purchasing, and TRACKING of all ammo purchases. They'll even have a database registry of who is buying ammo.

No, I don't see any civil liberties concerns here at all. Fascists.

Here are the most important ones:

Senate Bill 374 by state Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, bans all semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines and retroactively requires ownership records for all guns. It passed the state Senate 23-15 on May 29 and will be heard Tuesday by the Assembly Public Safety Committee.
Senate Bill 53 by state Sen. Kevin de Leon, D-Los Angeles, requires a background check for all ammunition purchases and licenses for all sellers. It passed the state Senate 23-15 on May 29 and is now pending in the Assembly Appropriations Committee.
Senate Bill 47 by state Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, prohibits so-called bullet buttons and other devices used to circumvent the state’s assault-weapons ban and allow fast reloading. It passed the state Senate 23-15 on May 29 and is to be heard Tuesday by the Assembly Public Safety.
Senate Bill 396 by state Sen. Loni Hancock, D-Berkeley, outlaws magazines holding more than 10 rounds, even those that were grandfathered in under the state’s assault-weapons law. It passed the state Senate 25-14 on May 29 and is to be heard Tuesday by the Assembly Public Safety.
Assembly Bill 48 by Assemblywoman Nancy Skinner, D-Berkeley, creates a state database to track all ammo purchases and makes it illegal to build your own high-capacity magazines. It passed the Assembly 46-26 on May 29 and is to be heard Monday by Senate Appropriations.
Assembly Bill 187 by Assemblymen Rob Bonta, D-Oakland, and Roger Dickinson, D-Sacramento, levies 10 percent tax on all ammo to benefit crime-prevention and mental-health services for children. It is languishing in Assembly Appropriations’ suspense file.
Assembly Bill 711 by Assemblyman Anthony Rendon, D-South Gate, would ban use of lead ammunition by California hunters. It passed the Assembly 44-21 on May 16 and is now languishing in state Senate Appropriations’ suspense file.

CitizenBBN
08-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Just for those here who may not know, the vast majority of seized guns have never been used in a crime. If someone is arrested for a crime their guns are seized but it could be a felony of any kind, getting a domestic violence order against you, etc. Even guns used in suicides can end up in state custody to be disposed. The guns themselves could have been sitting in a safe the last 20 years, the state takes them whether they had any role in a crime or not.

A lot of the long guns you see were probably either sitting in safes or closets or were confiscated by Fish and Game for some kind of hunting violation. In Ky Fish and Game handles those guns separately from other confiscations but I'm betting in Cali they all get melted down. So if someone had an invalid hunting license or they were carrying a handgun while hunting it could be confiscated, and there was no crime against a person ever committed nor was the person ever arrested or found guilty of a felony.

So the vast majority of the guns in that picture weren't ever used to hurt anyone, esp. all those long guns in that pile. In fact the majority weren't used in any criminal way at all and some weren't even owned by a person convicted of a crime.

The anti-gunners like to preach about "getting guns off the streets" but they're utterly indiscriminate and just want guns gone from our society regardless of their purpose or likelihood of ever being used in a harmful way. the only good gun is a melted down gun in their world, and that picture proves it. No one, even the most wacko of them, believes that bolt action Mosin Nagant is going to ever be used in a crime, but it's a gun so it gets destroyed.

Got the pic so I could post it. Folks can see that Mosin on the right side with the barrel pointing back to the left, the one with the wood stock running all the way down to nearly the end of the gun. FWIW it would even be legal under these new laws, it has a fixed magazine.

suncat05
08-12-2013, 11:27 AM
If they make this law you can expect an exodus of people out of the state. They're already leaving in droves because of the ridiculously high taxes, this would just add to the exodus. The danger in this exodus from Commiefornia is that many of the ill-informed left wing trash is also leaving the state and trying to ruin other locales that they're choosing to habitate, much to the chagrin of the poor folks whose States they're invading.

dan_bgblue
08-12-2013, 11:46 AM
The citizens of northern Colorado thank you for your concern

Catonahottinroof
08-12-2013, 03:13 PM
And the missing tax base due to that exodus and budget failure that will result makes the bankruptcy of Detroit look like a pimple on King Kong's arse...

KeithKSR
08-12-2013, 09:35 PM
And the missing tax base due to that exodus and budget failure that will result makes the bankruptcy of Detroit look like a pimple on King Kong's arse...

California is well on its way to bankruptcy, and even closer to being a totalitarian Marxist state.

A major quake shaving away part of the California coast would instantly flip California's politics.

CitizenBBN
08-12-2013, 09:58 PM
California is well on its way to bankruptcy, and even closer to being a totalitarian Marxist state.

A major quake shaving away part of the California coast would instantly flip California's politics.

Just lose Berkeley and the San Fran peninsula and it would be enough I think. Maybe along with North Colorado we could have a new state called Narcissist California, could cover the San Fran bay area and then they could leave the rest of the people of California alone.

suncat05
08-18-2013, 08:58 AM
I am still in favor of building a fence around that state and cutting them off from the rest of us. Of course, I am all in if we need to send a rescue party for any of our Kentucky brethren........:sFl_america2:

Of course, we can't get the damn Congress of the U.S. to build a fence to protect our borders, so it's out of the question to expect them to protect us from anything bad that comes out of Commiefornia!